Content Warning: This story contains descriptions of sexual abuse that may be triggering and upsetting for some readers. Discretion is advised.
A Las Vegas man with a criminal history of rape has been charged with raping his 6-year-old daughter.
Emmanuel P. Stockman, 32, was charged late last month with first-degree criminal sexual penetration of a child, and second-degree criminal sexual contact of an unclothed child.
An investigation by the Las Vegas Police Department’s Street Crimes Unit began Oct. 6 when the girl reported that her father had improperly touched her, according to an arrest affidavit filed in San Miguel Magistrate Court.
During a safe house interview, the girl provided details of the rape to investigators from the New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department. She said Stockman had penetrated her, forced her to perform sexual acts on him and that he had forced her to watch pornographic movies with him, according to the affidavit. The girl also described and drew a picture of a “purple dildo” that she said Stockman had penetrated her with.
Police searched Stockman’s home for evidence, and the girl’s mother told investigators that she had a sex toy that matched the description of the one the girl drew, according to the affidavit. However, the mother told police it had broken and she’d thrown it in the trash.
The girl was taken to a hospital in Santa Fe for examination where doctors found evidence of sexual abuse, including penetration, according to the affidavit.
Stockman was arrested Oct. 21 and booked into the San Miguel County Detention Center.
During an Oct. 22 hearing, Judge Christian Montaño set a cash-only bond of $25,000 for Stockman, citing two previous rape convictions.
The first conviction came in January 2003, when Stockman was 15. He was convicted of criminal sexual contact with a minor in juvenile court after accepting a plea agreement that avoided two more serious charges of criminal sexual penetration. As part of the plea agreement, Stockman was ordered to complete a sex offender treatment program, according to court records.
Stockman was again charged with rape in June of 2015, when he was 26. A girl who was 15 at the time reported that Stockman had forced her to have sex with him at least twice in the summer of 2015, according to an affidavit filed in San Miguel Magistrate Court.
In October 2015, Stockman pleaded guilty to one count of fourth-degree criminal sexual penetration, avoiding a second charge. He received a deferred sentence with a five-year probation period, and the judge ordered that Stockman must register as a sex offender.
Following the recent investigation, the 6-year-old girl was placed in the custody of CYFD, according to court records.
Stockman remained in custody at SMCDC as of this writing. He is scheduled to appear in Magistrate Court Nov. 19 for a preliminary hearing.