By Don Pace and Martín Salazar
Las Vegas Optic
Back in the late 1800s and early 1900s, the E Romero Hose & Fire Co. building on Bridge Street was home to a hook and ladder team that relied on horses to get to fires.
In an attempt to preserve some of that history, E. Romero Hose & Fire Co. volunteers have agreed to transfer the historic building to the city under the condition that it be used for a firefighters memorial and museum.
From 1884 to the 1970s volunteer firefighters manned the E. Romero Fire Co. on Bridge.