Submitted to the Optic
Construction of a concrete acequia liner was completed recently at Memorial Middle School. The concrete liner will help conserve water and prevent damage to school property from soil erosion and water leaks.
The New Mexico Interstate Stream Commission funded 80 percent of the project, while the Las Vegas City Schools contributed the remaining 20 percent.
The joint project of the Romero Ditch Association, the Interstate Stream Commission and Las Vegas City Schools was completed June 28.