Las Vegas Optic
A home on the 1200 block of Pecos Street was damaged Friday night when a space heater sparked a fire in a bedroom, Las Vegas Fire Chief Philip Mares said.
Firefighters were dispatched to the home at about 10:30 p.m. They were initially told that people were trapped inside, but when they got there, they searched and found no one inside.
Mares said a neighbor reported that the individuals inside the home got out and fled from the burning house.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze, and no one was injured, Mares said.