The district attorney’s office last week reduced the charge for a woman charged in the killing of a man.
Bernadette Sanchez, 36, a resident charged in the stabbing death of Timoteo M. Jaramillo, never entered the courtroom for a scheduled preliminary hearing Thursday on the case before Magistrate Judge Chris Najar.
Najar said the state had reduced the charge from second-degree murder to voluntary manslaughter and waived the charge of tampering with evidence.
“So we will not be having this hearing today,” Najar said.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Las Vegas Optic, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.