THUMBS DOWN! TOXIC ALGAE
It took about two months, but state Game and Fish biologists have pinpointed what they believe killed more than 100 elk north of Las Vegas in August. The culprit: water from a trough containing toxins created by blue-green algae or cyanobacteria. It’s unfortunate that these elk died, but it’s good to know they weren’t intentionally poisoned.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Las Vegas Optic, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.