Four months after a fire that took the life of Laurencio Via, the state fire marshal has yet to release a report, but his grandson and some of his neighbors believe they know what caused it.
Via, 82, died from smoke inhalation in a blaze that started around 9 p.m. on Feb. 8 in his mobile home in Watrous. Power had been out the better part of that day, and when it came back on at roughly 8:45 p.m., it did so with a power surge that neighbors say destroyed some electrical appliances and caused others to catch fire and even explode.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Las Vegas Optic and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.