• Wagon Mound Bean Day continues, 9:30 a.m., Monday, Sept. 3, parade, main street; noon to 1:30 p.m., free barbecue; and 2 p.m. rodeo. For a full schedule, visit www.wagonmoundnm.com/BeanDay
• San Miguel County Offices will be closed in observance of Labor Day. The office will reopen for regular hours on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
• The Las Vegas Optic office will be closed on Monday, Sept. 3 in observance of the Labor Day holiday and will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 5, in the children’s area of the public library. Free and open to the public.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• The Miss Las Vegas Scholarship Organization is sponsoring the Little Miss Las Vegas Pageant on Saturday, Oct. 13. The competition is open to girls, 6 to 12 years. Phases of competition are casual wear, talent, party/formal wear and on-stage question. No entry fee is required. Entry forms may be picked up at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center, Carnegie Library or the Chamber of Commerce. Entry deadline is Friday, Sept. 7. For more information, call Philip Ortiz at 718-5656.
• Art Opening for local artist Nacho Jaramillo, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 8 at El Fidel Restaurant, 500 Douglas Ave.
• Exhibition of paintings by Martin Montoya at New Mexico Highlands University’s Ray Drew Gallery, the exhibit will be on display until Sept. 28. For more information, contact Bob Read at 454-3338.
• Alta Vista Regional Hospital Community Health Fair, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center gymnasium. This is a free event and open the public. There will be a blood drive, free health screenings, health care services information and more. For more information, call 426-3772 or email email@example.com.
• Alta Vista Regional Hospital’s 3rd Annual 5K Life Run and Walk, run/walk starts at 8 a.m. and children’s run starts at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15 at the hospital. Registration forms available at the hospital, Abe Montoya Recreation Center and online at www.newmexicosportsonline.com. For more information, contact Linda at 426-3772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Las Vegas National Wildlife Refuge is open for dove hunting all of September. Dove hunting on the refuge is by permit only. Permits may be obtained from the refuge visitor center 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. A $5 user fee must be paid is cash upon receipt of each permit. Hunters also must have a valid State of New Mexico hunting license. Call 425-3581.
• The CASA Fourth Judicial District program will be holding a Silent Auction fundraiser from 6 p.m. on 8 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15 at the Flamingo Room of the Hillcrest Restaurant. Tickets are $10, which includes hors d'oeuvres and a no-host bar. Tickets can be purchased from any CASA board member, by calling 454-0223 or at the CASA office at 1308 Grant St.
• Golden Dragon Acrobats, 3 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 16 at Ilfeld Auditorium. Tickets are: general admission $20, NMHU students and senior citizens $15, and children 10 and under $10. Advanced tickets sold at KEDP Radio Station in the NMHU Media Arts Building. For more information, call 454-3238.
• West Las Vegas Class of 1962 50th Class Reunion, Sept. 21 and Sept. 22. For more information, call Emilio Aragon at 426-7719, Horace Lucero at 429-897, Kathy Tapia at 429-9836 or Lydia Lovato at 454-3990.
• West Las Vegas Class of 1982 30-year class reunion, Sept. 21 and Sept. 22. Contact Gloria Salas-Wiggins at email@example.com or by phone at 505-617-5287.
• Donations are being accepted for the 2012 Ride to Pride Dinner and Silent Auction slated for Oct. 5. For more information, any of the following Ride To Pride representatives; Lorraine Esquibel 429-3905, or Bernard Schaer at 429-0856 or Amy McFall 429-5678.