• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 26, in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “Dumpy’s Apple Shop” by Julie Andrews Edwards. Free and open to the public.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Exhibition of paintings by Martin Montoya at New Mexico Highlands University’s Ray Drew Gallery, the exhibit will be on display until Sept. 28. For more information, contact Bob Read at 454-3338.
• Community Fair hosted by Adolescent and Family Services in partnership with OptumHealth, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 29 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. For more information, call Kathy at 454-8151.
• Las Vegas National Wildlife Refuge is open for dove hunting all of September. Dove hunting on the refuge is by permit only. Permits may be obtained from the refuge visitor center 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. A $5 user fee must be paid in cash upon receipt of each permit. Hunters also must have a valid State of New Mexico hunting license. Call 425-3581.
• Donations are being accepted for the 2012 Ride to Pride Dinner and Silent Auction slated for Oct. 5. For more information, any of the following Ride To Pride representatives; Lorraine Esquibel 429-3905, or Bernard Schaer at 429-0856 or Amy McFall 429-5678.
• The Robertson High School class of 1967 is planning its 45th class reunion for Oct.11 to Oct. 13 for the RHS homecoming. They are still looking for classmates. Deadline is Monday, Oct. 1. Call Sandra Martinez Trujillo at 454-8203 or Sara McWilliams Harris at 454-0438 for more information.
• The Robertson High School Class of 1982 is hosting their 30th class reunion, during the weekend of Oct. 19. If you are an alumni or interested in attending, contact June Tafoya at 505-718-0021 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Arthur Herrera at 429-4052 or email@example.com; or Kurt Parkinson at 505-718-4545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Princess Winter Wednesday, hands on creative art, cooking and altered doll making workshop designed with the interest and maturity of girls ages seven to 11 is about to start for girls that love princess,dress- up, tea parties and creating art. Taught by local artist in her limited space home studio on Wednesdays. Contact Bambi Doe Blake at 425-2684.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service is available Fridays and Saturdays, from 8 p.m. to 2:30 am. Call 429-0336 for service.