• Elections for Las Vegas Little League and La Plaza Little League, 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center.
• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 23, in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “Trick or Treat, Danny!” by Edith Kunhardt. Free and open to the public.
• UWC-USA offers free Chinese (Mandarin) classes in Las Vegas – for ages 15 and up. It is said that Chinese is the language with the most speakers. It is also said that cooperation between the U.S. and China is vital for future success. If you are interested in studying beginning Mandarin Chinese and learning about China through language, the class will take place from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. every Thursday starting on Oct. 24 at the Old Town Mission, Chavez St. at Socorro. Free, but an ongoing commitment is necessary. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon.email@example.com or 454-4206.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Los Niños Elementary Annual Halloween Carnival, 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. Food, games, picture taking, cake walks and lots of fun.
• Second Annual Dia de Los Muertos Celebration at the city of Las Vegas Museum, starting 11 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 26 at the museum. Martha Johnson will explore the character of La Catrina. Activities will include skeleton themed projects and crafts.