• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 6, in the children’s area of the public library. Free and open to the public.
• El Creston Mutual Domestic Water Consumers Association board meeting, 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 7 at 40 Mirasol Road, Ojitos Frios Ranch Subdivision.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Meadow City Camera Club has an exhibit of photographs in the El Fidel Restaurant until Friday, Dec. 6. Eight local photographers have taken “Points of Departure,” each seeing something unique. A reception will be held from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9 at El Fidel Restaurant.
• One Rock at a Time - Erosion Control Techniques and Small Drainage Restoration presentation by Steve Reichert, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9 at the property of Adam and Sonya Berg. For directions and more information, call Lea at 425-5514 or email Ikhzaan and Katheryn at email@example.com.
• The Corazon de los Caminos Chapter of the Santa Fe Trail Association will meet starting at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9 at the Hillcrest Restaurant. Following the meeting will be lunch and a talk by Las Vegas Historian Jesus Lopez.
• West Las Vegas High School Class of 1993’s 20-year reunion is being planned for Nov. 9. Classmates are sought. Class members are asked to send your name, street address, e-mail address, class photos, information on other classmates and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook/West Las Vegas Class of 1993. For details contact, Heather Sanchez at 505-577-0509 or Melisa Trujillo 505- 697-2237.
• Robertson High School Class of 1979 will hold a 35-year reunion planning meeting at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 10 at the Best Western Montezuma Inn and Suites conference room. All interested classmates are invited to attend.
• Veterans and guest breakfast, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 11 at the Elks Lodge on Collins Drive. For more information, call Elvie at 505-718-9345.
• The Las Vegas Children’s Chorus, a free community service sponsored by the United World College meets on from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Old Mission Church (Chavez at Socorro streets). All singers ages 6 to 12 are welcome. The group meets weekly on Wednesdays to share and learn music. The fall session will culminate in a December performance. No prior experience necessary. For more info contact coordinator Kevin Zoernig at 505-699 6624.
• UWC-USA offers free Chinese (Mandarin) classes in Las Vegas – for ages 15 and up. It is said that Chinese is the language with the most speakers worldwide. It is also said that cooperation between the U.S. and China is vital for future success. If you are interested in studying beginning Mandarin Chinese and learning about China through language, the class will take place from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. every Thursday at the Old Town Mission, Chavez St. at Socorro. Free, but an ongoing commitment is necessary. For more information, contact email@example.com or Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org. or 454-4206.