• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 7, in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “The Sun and the Wind” retold by Mairi Mackinnon. Free and open to the public.
• Fine Art Print Lecture Series by Dr. Robert Bell, 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at the Art Viewing Room on the second floor of New Mexico Highlands University’s Donnelly Library. The talk will be on “Fine Art Prints with a Musical Theme.” For more information, call Bob Read at 454-3338.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• International Culture Show, 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8, at Ilfeld Auditorium on the campus of NMHU. Tickets are $5 for NMHU staff, community members and senior citizens, $3 for students and children 10 and younger, and free for NMHU students with a valid ID.
• St. Gertrude’s Parish in Mora Annual Función, 156th Anniversary, mass at 10 followed by a procession to the Mora School gymnasium, on Sunday, Nov. 18. There will be a cake walk, silent auction, bingo and raffle. The raffle grand prize is $1,000 along with other prizes. For more information, call 575-387-2336.
• Vietnam Veterans of American Local Chapter 1063 meeting, 3 p.m. on Nov. 29 at the Miguel Encinias Veterans Center, 917 Douglas Ave. The group meets every last Thursday of the month. For more information, call Victor Cordova at 505-718-9856.
• Electric Light Parade, 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1. This year’s theme is “A Storybook Christmas.” For more information, call 454-1401 ext. 3277.
• Las Vegas Elks Lodge #408 is sponsoring the 2013 Most Valuable Student Scholarship. The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to graduating high school seniors based on financial need, leadership and scholarship. Any high school senior who is a citizen of the United States is eligible to apply. Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks. The Most Valuable Student scholarship deadline is Dec. 7. Applications can be downloaded from www.elks.org/enf/scholars/downloadmvs.cfm or picked up at the Elks Lodge at 2305 Collins Drive. Contact ENF Chairman Michael Romero at (505)429-1606 for more information.
• Princess Winter Wednesday, hands on creative art, cooking and altered doll making workshop designed with the interest and maturity of girls ages seven to 11 is about to start for girls that love princess, dress-up, tea parties and creating art. Taught by local artist in her space home studio on Wednesdays. Contact Bambi Doe Blake at 425-2684.