• “In the Name of Sustainability: A New Community Rights Movement,” presentation by Thomas Alan Linzey, from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 4 in Ilfeld Auditorium. Linzey, an attorney and the Executive Director of the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund, will speak about a new community rights movement emerging across the nation. For more information, call Kathleen Dudley at 575-666-2529 or visit www.nmccr.org.
• New Mexico Department of Health’s Mora Public Health Office will be hosting a flu shot clinic from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4 at Hwy 518/1 Court House Road in Mora. The immunization clinic is open to the public and free of charge. The New Mexico Department of Health offers vaccinations for people without insurance or who are otherwise not able to get immunized. Those with Medicaid or other health insurance should bring their insurance cards with them to the clinic. For more information on the no-charge flu shot clinic, call the Mora Public Health Office at 575-387-2748.
• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 6, in the children’s area of the public library. Free and open to the public.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Meadow City Camera Club has an exhibit of photographs in the El Fidel Restaurant until Friday, Dec. 6. Eight local photographers have taken “Points of Departure,” each seeing something unique. A reception will be held from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9 at El Fidel Restaurant.
• One Rock at a Time - Erosion Control Techniques and Small Drainage Restoration presentation by Steve Reichert, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9 at the property of Adam and Sonya Berg. For directions and more information, call Lea at 425-5514 or email Ikhzaan and Katheryn at email@example.com.
• The Corazon de los Caminos Chapter of the Santa Fe Trail Association will meet starting at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9 at the Hillcrest Restaurant. Following the meeting will be lunch and a talk by Las Vegas Historian Jesus Lopez.
• West Las Vegas High School Class of 1993’s 20-year reunion is being planned for Nov. 9. Classmates are sought. Class members are asked to send your name, street address, e-mail address, class photos, information on other classmates and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook/West Las Vegas Class of 1993. For details contact, Heather Sanchez at 505-577-0509 or Melisa Trujillo 505- 697-2237.
• West Las Vegas High School Class of 1979 will hold a 35-yer reunion planning meeting at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 10 at the Best Western Montezuma Inn and Suites conference room. All interested classmates are invited to attend. For more information, call Lourdes Domingues at 454-1331.