• Story Time will be at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 10, in the children’s area at Carnegie Public Library. The theme will be “Honoring Veterans Day.” The book will be “The Littlest Lighthouse Keeper to the Rescue” by Heidi and Daniel Howarth. The craft will be the stand-alone star. All programs are open to the public.
• The Rotary Club is holding a lasagna dinner 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 11, at Hillcrest Flamingo Room, 1106 N. Grand Ave. Tickets are $10 at the door. The dinner is a fundraiser for the Rotary Club’s community projects.
• Sustainable Las Vegas (the local chapter of the New Mexico Solar Energy Association) will meet at 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 11, at Highlands University’s Donnelly Library, Room 325. Joaquin Karcher will speak on the topic, “The most affordable approach to Zero Energy Homes.” Karcher is an architect with zero e design (www.zeroedesign.com) in Taos and his homes conform to the principles of the passive house, a design concept from Germany (www.passivehouse.us). Because affordability is a major concern in northern New Mexico, he will focus on that. For more information, call Emelie Olson at 454-3920.
• The Las Vegas Women’s Club will meet at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 11, at the Plaza Hotel. For more information, call Linda Cunningham at 425-3007.
• A veterans breakfast is planned for 9-11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 11, at the Las Vegas Elks Lodge No. 408, 2305 Collins Drive. All veterans are invited.
St. Gertrude’s Funcion in Mora will be held on Sunday, Nov. 14, beginning with Mass at 10 a.m., then followed with a procession, luncheon, auction kiddie carnival, bingo and dance at the Mora School Elementary The public is invited. Activities include a raffle/auction, door prizes and a cake walk.
• The exhibition of northern New Mexico tinwork, both contemporary and traditional, will last through Nov. 29 at the Las Vegas Arts Council gallery, 140 Bridge St. Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. A reception is set for 4-6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 13.