• Story Time, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 25 in the children’s area of Carnegie Public Library. All programs are free and open to the public. This week’s theme is “Memorial Day,” the book is “Cat Secrets” by Jef Czekaj and the craft is “CD patriotic decoration.”
UPCOMING & ONGOING EL PORVENIR
• Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome - support group mingler, 11 a.m. to noon on Thursday, May 26 at New Choices, 713 Railroad Ave. For details, call Nancy at (505) 660-2796.
• CCHP invites anyone who would like to say good-bye to our Office Manager Magee Poler to join us for an informal going-away party from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, May 27 at CCHP, 116 Bridge St. Magee will be leaving at the end of the month to join her family in Kalispell, Mont.
• Movies In the Park, showing Splendor in the Grass, at dusk on Saturday, May 28 at Carnegie Library park (weather permitting). Popcorn, drinks, and snacks will be for sale by the Friends of the Library.
• The Las Vegas Optic office will be closed on Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day. Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, May 31.
• Court Appointed Special Advocates is recruiting volunteers to advocate for children in foster care. Training starts June 4. For more information, call 454-0223 or go to www.casafourrthnm.org.
• AAUW used book sale with all proceeds going to scholarships for NMHU women students. The sale starts at 10 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 4 at the corner of seventh street and university (pink building).
• Hermit’s Peak Watershed Alliance is hosting a community gathering for landowners and residents of Gallinas and El Porvenir from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 5 at La Placita Fire Department, Gallinas, N.M.
• Join the American Cancer Society in the fight to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays by participating in Relay For Life starting at 6 p.m. on June 10 at the West Las Vegas High School football/track field. Relay For Life supports the Society’s mission to save lives by helping people stay well, by helping people get well, by finding cures and by fighting back. For more information, contact Gloria Martinez-Friestad, 505-820-3538 or email@example.com or visit: www.relayforlife.org/lasvegasnm.