• West Las Vegas High School graduation takes place at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 25, at Gillie Lopez gymnasium.
• Theology on Tap presentation of “The Apocalypse, The Book of Revelation,” 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 25 at El Fidel Restaurant. Brother James Owens will provide insight about the Book of Revelation and what the Catholic Church actually teaches about The Apocalypse. Appetizers will be provided. Theology on Tap is a discussion series for young adults and their friends, married, or single in their 20s and 30s. For information contact, Andrellita Chavez at NewmanNMHU@live.com.
• A free recital showcasing the singers of The Santa Fe Opera’s Young Voices Program will take place at 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 25 in Gaddes Hall on the Opera’s lower grounds. The program includes opera selections from pianist Kirt Pavitt, the co-director of Young Voices. The Opera’s program, launched in 2006, provides advanced musical training for gifted high school students. The 15 teenagers who make up this year’s program come from Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Rio Rancho, and Corrales.
• The Las Vegas Optic office will be closed on Monday, May 26 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday and will re-open on Tuesday, May 27.
• San Miguel County offices will be closed in observance of the Memorial Day holiday on Monday, May 26 and will reopen on Tuesday, May 27.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Alta Vista Regional Hospital invites all older adults to participate in National Senior Health & Fitness Day on Wednesday, May 28. A free health fair will be held at from 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, May 28 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. Health screenings will include blood pressure screenings, glucose screenings and cholesterol screening vouchers. For more information about the free senior health fair, contact Marla Martinez at 426-3772, e-mail email@example.com.
• The West Las Vegas Class of 1964 50th Class Reunion will take place on Aug. 15 to Aug. 17 in Las Vegas. Activities will include a meet-and-greet, picnic, brunch and a dinner. Venues are currently being discussed and final preparations will be announced by the end of May. Committee members include Mary Gonzales Ludi, Angie Herrera, Gloria Hays Martinez, Darwin Ludi and Abel Lucero. Updated information may be obtained by contacting, Mary Gonzales Ludi at 425-6877 or Darwin Ludi at 619-482-1691.
• The Mora High School Class of 1974 is planning its 40-year reunion in Mora on Aug. 16. Anyone who started freshman year with the class is invited. Contact the following individuals for more information and to confirm attendance, Fares at 575-387-5325, Lola at 575-643-6733, or Elaine at 575-224-9571.