• The Memorial Middle School Bands will be host to a Spring Concert at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 24 at the MMS gym at 6 pm. Performances begin with a combination of students from Sierra Vista, Los Niños, and Legion Park Elementary schools. Next to perform will be the Memorial Middle School Sixth Grade Band and the concert will culminate with Memorial’s more advanced band. Concert goers will be entertained with music of various styles to include traditional concert marches, overtures, ballads, swing, rock and Latin rock. There will also be an art show crafted by students from MMS art classes.
• Story Time, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 25 in the children’s area of Carnegie Public Library. All programs are free and open to the public. This week’s theme is “Memorial Day,” the book is “Cat Secrets” by Jef Czekaj and the craft is “CD patriotic decoration.”
UPCOMING & ONGOING EL PORVENIR
• Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome - support group mingler, 11 a.m. to noon on Thursday, May 26 at New Choices, 713 Railroad Ave. For details, call Nancy at (505) 660-2796.
• CCHP invites anyone who would like to say good-bye to our Office Manager Magee Poler to join us for an informal going-away party from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, May 27 at CCHP, 116 Bridge St. Magee will be leaving at the end of the month to join her family in Kalispell, Mont.
• Movies In the Park, showing Splendor in the Grass, at dusk on Saturday, May 28 at Carnegie Library park (weather permitting). Popcorn, drinks, and snacks will be for sale by the Friends of the Library.
• Hermit’s Peak Watershed Alliance is hosting a community gathering for landowners and residents of Gallinas and El Porvenir from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 5 at La Placita Fire Department, Gallinas, N.M.