• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 2, in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “Say Hola to Spanish at the Circus” by Susan Middleton Elya. This week’s theme is Cinco de Mayo. Free and open to the public.
• United World College students provide free homework help from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. each Wednesday at the Travelers Café on the Las Vegas Plaza. All age levels. Any questions, call Sharon Seto at 454-4206.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Racquetball registrations for the Spring Racquetball 2012 Season. Season will consist of round-robin play, and a double elimination seeded tournament will follow. Registration sheets are available at the front desk. Open registration runs through Friday, May 4. Season will tentatively begin on May 7; duration depends on number of matches. Call Amanda Gallegos at 426-3191 or Alvin Archuleta at 429-3144.
• Fourth Annual Iron A-- Benefit Run, meet at 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Satuday, May 5 at Lincoln Park. Run starts at 10 a.m. sharp with the first stop for a blessing at Immaculate Conception Church, followed by stops in Angel Fire, N.M., Taos, N.M. and at the Sipapu Ski area ending at the VFW in Las Vegas. For more information, call Arthur at 429-4052 or Grace at 429-2285.
• A dedication of the People’s History of El Norte Mural, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 5 at Mural Park, 7th Street and Douglas. There will be mariachis, ballet folklorico dancers, Aztec dancers, youth musicians, speakers, food vendors, salsa dancers also honoring veterans. For more information, call 454-6771.