• The Abe Montoya Recreation Center is now taking team registrations for the Spring 2012 Co-Ed volleyball league. Games will be played on Wednesdays only and begin, April 4, and will continue until May 9. A single-elimination tournament will follow. League is considered noncompetitive fun league class. Team registrations will be taken through March 30. Team fee is $150. Contact Misty Williams at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center at 426-1739.
• USDA-NRCS-State Conservationist J. Xavier Montoya reminds potential applicants to contact their local NRCS office to find out if they are eligible for the agency’s Organic Initiative. Applications for the second ranking period of 2012 are due at NRCS offices by close of business on March 30, 2012. Mora Service Center, USDA Office Bldg, State Hwy 518, Box 389, Mora NM 87732 (575) 387-2424, Las Vegas Service Center – 1927A 7th Street, Las Vegas NM 87701, 425-3594 x3. Learn more about Organic Initiative and programs at http://go.usa.gov/UoX.
• A low-cost vaccination clinic for pets will be held from noon to 3 p.m. on Friday, March 30, Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1, at the Luna Community College Motor Pool Building. Services offered: Rabies — $10, Parvo/Distemper — $10, Feline/Distemper — $10, Deworming — $5, Tape Deworming — $5 — $15 and Microchipping — $6. No appointment necessary. Dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers. Volunteers are needed. To make an appointment for low-cost spay/neuter services,call 505-699-0603. To help make these clinics possible, call 505-652-4366.
• The Oklahoma Masonic Indian Degree Team performance, 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 31, at the Ilfeld Ballroom in the Plaza Hotel. Performance and dinner is $40. For more information, contact Rudy Laumbach at 454-0033.
• Nightlyfe - College Night will be held from 11:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 31, in the Eagles Hall 211 S. Grand, $3 single / $5 couple.
• Educational Community Egg Hunt, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 1, at the St. Anthony’s Parish property. The Pecos Independent School District After School Program and Middle School Student Council, in collaboration with St. Anthony’s Parish and the Knights of Columbus, are sponsoring the hunt.Prizes, games, music and refreshments will be provided to all who attend. For more information about the egg hunt, contact: Nakya Estrada, Secondary After School Program Site Coordinator. 505-757-4620 or 505-690-6699.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern New Mexico is raffling a red 2010 Chevrolet Camaro with black leather seats and Pirelli tires. Tickets are $100 each, and 500 tickets will be sold. Drawing on Tuesday, April 3. Call 426-8510 or 426-7594.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake, Wii Bowl in Las Vegas, April 22 at the Plaza Hotel, 230 Plaza. For more information on the local bowl, contact Maggie Romigh at 426-8510.
• Applications for the El Valle de San Miguel County Flying Diamond Scholarship are available at the San Miguel County Human Resource Office. Applications and scholarship guidelines may be picked up at the office located at 500 West National Suite, 202. Deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 27. For more information, call 425-1557.
• Meadow City Family Clinic office of Lacy Houdek will be giving free adult flu vaccine shots. No appointment needed. $10 administrative fee will be the only charge. The office is located at 624 University Ave. Suite 600 in Las Vegas. For more information, call 426-0700.