• Story Time, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 30 in the children’s area of Carnegie Public Library. All programs are free and open to the public.
• The Las Vegas Ministerial Fellowship is having Lenten services at noon on Wednesday, March 30 and April 6 and 13 at the St. Paul’s Peace Church. For more information, call 425-7283.
• Herff Jones will be at Robertson High School from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on March 30 at the McFarland Hall gym to deliver graduation orders and take late orders. For information, call Charlene at 454-5770 ext. 212.
• 2011 Northern New Mexico Devotional Art Show is on exhibition until March 30 at the Ray Drew Gallery on the first floor of the library on the NMHU campus. For information, contact Bob Read at 454-3338.
• Judging of the New Mexico Junior Duck Stamp Contest, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday, March 31 at the Sala de Madrid on the New Mexico Highlands University campus, the public is invited to the judging of the New Mexico Federal Junior Duck Stamp Art Contest. More than 600 pieces of art created by students in grades kindergarten through 12th from New Mexico will be judged by community volunteers. Coordination moved this year to Las Vegas National Wildlife in hopes that students in Northern New Mexico would begin to participate. For information contact the refuge at 425-3581.
UPCOMING & ONGOING EL PORVENIR
• The Hermit's Peak Chapter of Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation is hosting annual banquet and fundraiser at 5 p.m. on April 2 at the Plaza Hotel Ballroom. It will feature fundraising efforts to enhance habitat for elk and other wildlife. Money raised will be used to enhance habitat for wildlife in New Mexico. There will be games, live and silent auctions all for for New Mexico's wildlife. Contact John Olivas at 575-387-2665 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Kiwanis Club of Las Vegas and Carson and Barnes Circus are bringing the big top to town on Monday, April 4, at the Santa Fe Trails Event Center. Show times will be 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Acts from around the world, a European style big top, theatrical light and music will all be a part of the performance.