• Benefit bake sale for Anjelique and Anyssa Romero starting at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, March 29 in front of Walmart. They are fundraising for an educational trip to France and Spain in June. For more information, contact Anjelique at 505-819-9837 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Evangelistic Service, 7 p.m. on Friday, March 29 at the Bethnel Pentecostal Tabernacle, 715 National Ave.
• Second Annual Cascarón Carnival, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. or until eggs run out on Saturday, March 30 at the city museum. Open and free to the public. For more information, contact Kristin Hsueh at 426-3204 or email@example.com.
• Easter Egg Hunt, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 31 at Carnegie Library Park. There will also be Easter theme games including an egg toss and races. Open and free to the public. For more information, contact Kristin Hsueh at 426-3204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Las Vegas Elks Lodge Annual Easter Egg Hunt, 1 p.m. on Sunday, March 31 at Robertson football field.
• Easter Celebration, 4 p.m. on Sunday, March 31. Plastic eggs with prize money hidden in the courtyard of the Methodist Historical Facility, 715 National Ave., followed by a meal served at the fellowship hall. Rev. James Barnes will be in attendance for both events.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• The Multi-Media Nature Art Show “Community Rights Above Corporate Might” is now showing through March at Estella’s Café, 148 Bridge St. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. For entries, call Jennifer at 575-937-5339 or Meredith at 426-8575.
• The Miss Las Vegas Scholarship Organization is sponsoring the Baby Miss and Little Miss Sweetheart Pageant on Saturday, April 13, at the West Las Vegas High School Cafeteria. The proceeds of the pageant will benefit Reneé Mondragón, who was selected to attend the National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine in New York. The contest is open to girls 1 to 6 years old. The contestants will be judged on personality in springtime casual wear and beauty in party/formal wear. Entry forms may be picked up at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center, the Chamber of Commerce or from Mondragón. Entry deadline is Wednesday, April 3. For more information call Mondragón at 505-553-9966 or Philip Ortiz at 505-718-5656.
• Open house on the Sabinoso Proposed Management Plan and the Environmental Assessment, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 4 at Student Service Board Room on the campus of Luna Community College.
• Board of Trustees of the Tecolote Land Grant monthly meeting, 9:15 a.m. on Saturday, April 6 at the Tecolote Community Center. For more information, contact Joe I. Herrera at 575-427-1141.
• Senior Olympic Talent Exhibition, 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 7 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• The Board of County Commissioners of San Miguel County announces applications for the El Valle De San Miguel Flying Diamond Scholarship are now available at the San Miguel County Human Resource Office. Applications and a copy of the scholarship guidelines may be picked up at the San Miguel County Human Resource Office at 500 West National, Suite 202, Las Vegas. To also obtain an application and guidelines for the scholarship by logging on to San Miguel County’s Web Site at www.smcounty.net. Deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 26. For additional information you may call the San Miguel County Human Resource Office at 425-1557.
• Las Vegas Children’s Chorus, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays at the Old Mission Church, corner of Chavez and Socorro Street. Coordinated by United World College with UWC faculty member Kevin Zoernig. Learn music and sing songs from many cultures. For more information, call 505-699-6624.