• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Wednesday, March 27 in the children’s area of the pubic library. This week’s book is “Ollie’s Easter Eggs” by Olivier Dunrea. Free and open to the public.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• The Miss Las Vegas Scholarship Organization is sponsoring the Baby Miss and Little Miss Sweetheart Pageant on Saturday, April 13, at the West Las Vegas High School Cafeteria. The proceeds of the pageant will benefit Reneé Mondragón, who was selected to attend the National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine in New York. The contest is open to girls 1 to 6 years old. The contestants will be judged on personality in springtime casual wear and beauty in party/formal wear. Entry forms may be picked up at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center, the Chamber of Commerce or from Mondragón. Entry deadline is Wednesday, April 3. For more information call Mondragón at 505-553-9966 or Philip Ortiz at 505-718-5656.
• Open house on the Sabinoso Proposed Management Plan and the Environmental Assessment, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 4 at Student Service Board Room on the campus of Luna Community College.
• Board of Trustees of the Tecolote Land Grant monthly meeting, 9:15 a.m. on Saturday, April 6 at the Tecolote Community Center. For more information, contact Joe I. Herrera at 575-427-1141.
• Senior Olympic Talent Exhibition, 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 7 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• The Board of County Commissioners of San Miguel County announces applications for the El Valle De San Miguel Flying Diamond Scholarship are now available at the San Miguel County Human Resource Office. Applications and a copy of the scholarship guidelines may be picked up at the San Miguel County Human Resource Office at 500 West National, Suite 202, Las Vegas. To also obtain an application and guidelines for the scholarship by logging on to San Miguel County’s Web Site at www.smcounty.net. Deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 26. For additional information you may call the San Miguel County Human Resource Office at 425-1557.
• Las Vegas Children’s Chorus, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays at the Old Mission Church, corner of Chavez and Socorro Street. Coordinated by United World College with UWC faculty member Kevin Zoernig. Learn music and sing songs from many cultures. For more information, call 505-699-6624.
• Committee for Clean Air, Water, and Earth weekly meetings, 6 p.m. Mondays at Presbyterian Church, 1000 Douglas Ave. The meeting is about fracking and ongoing projects in Las Vegas and San Miguel County. For more information, call 426-1468.
• The Multi-Media Nature Art Show “Community Rights Above Corporate Might” is now showing through March at Estella’s Café, 148 Bridge St. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. For entries, call Jennifer at 575-937-5339 or Meredith at 426-8575.