• Nat Gold Players presents “Dog See God,” 7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 21 and Saturday, March 22, and 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 23 at Sala de Madrid on the NMHU campus. General admission is $10, Seniors and LVAC members tickets are $8, and students with ID are $5. Play not suitable for children younger than 14.
• El Creston Mutual Domestic Water Consumers’ Association Special Board of Directors’ meeting, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 22 at the Sheridan Fire Station. The meetings are open the public. For questions or for more information, contact Lupita Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Daughters of the Americas - Court #1301 is sponsoring a bingo, 1 p.m. on Sunday, March 23 at Father George Salazar Religious Education Center. Tickets are $5 and available from a CDA member or at the door. For more information, call 429-2689.
UPCOMING and ONGOING
• The Las Vegas Senior Center will conduct a Medicare Presentation, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Monday, March 24 at the center. Come to the workshop to review what you should know about Medicare Preventive Services. Information provided will discuss how early detection keeps you healthy and prevents chronic illness. Be aware of Medicare fraud and protect yourself against local scams.
• The 20th Annual Fiesta de la Hispanidad will take place on Friday, March 28 in Ilfeld Auditorium with doors opening at 6 p.m. Admission is $5. Advance tickets will be sold beginning March 24 from Donna Martínez at the KEDP radio station across the street from Ilfeld or at the door the night of the performance. The FDLH thanks NMHU President Jim Fries, Las Vegas Community 1st Bank and the NMHU Foundation for their sponsorship. For more information, call 454-0438.
• The San Miguel Family and Community Health Council is having a community forum, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 25 at the new Student Center on the NMHU campus. The forum will be in room 322. The purpose of the forum is to inform the public about current health statistics for San Miguel county and to receive input from the community regarding health issues that are important to our community and its citizens. All persons are invited to attend. For more information, contact Rosalie Martinez, Health Council Coordinator at 429-7986 or Barbara Casey, Health Council Chairwoman at 429-5904.
• The NMDOT, Safer New Mexico Now and the City of Las Vegas will hold a child safety seat fitting station on Wednesday, March 26. It will be held from 10 a.m. to noon at Las Vegas Fire Station #1, 604 Legion Drive. The fitting station provides parents and caregivers the opportunity to receive hands-on instruction from certified technicians on the correct use of child safety seats. Technicians educate parents on choosing and installing the appropriate safety seat for their child and vehicle. This is a public service available to everyone. There is no charge for this service. Parents and caregivers must bring the child safety seat and, if possible, the child. The Las Vegas fitting station will be a held on the last Wednesday of each month. For further information or to make an appointment, all 800-231-6145.
• Call for Artists and Crafters for Easter and Mothers Day Extravaganza, Saturday, April 19. Booth space $25 to benefit Robertson High School Track. To reserve a table or for more information, contact Bernadette Maldonado at 505-903-3611. Application is also available online at www.cybercardinal.com.