• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 21, in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come!” by Nancy Carlson. The theme for the month is “Woman’s Month - Books Written for Children by Women.” All programs are free and open to the public.
• United World College students provide free homework help from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. each Wednesday at the Travelers Café on the Las Vegas Plaza. All age levels. If we can’t help, we will try to find someone who can. If you have questions, call Sharon Seto at 454-4206.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• La Plaza Little League registration will be held from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 23, and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. For questions call, Player Agent Olivia Gonzales at 617-0529 or Player Agent Gilbert Garcia 429-3530.
• OZOMATLI in concert, at 8 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at NMHU’s Ilfeld Auditorium, doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets: Reserved: $40/30 lower tier; Reserved balcony $25, general seating balcony $20. Call 454-3238 for ticket information.
• The Abe Montoya Recreation Center is now taking team registrations for the Spring 2012 Co-Ed volleyball league. Games will be played on Wednesdays only and begin, April 4 and will continue on until May 9. A single elimination tournament will follow. League is considered noncompetitive fun league class. Team registrations will be taken through March 30. Team fee is $150.00. For any more information, contact Misty Williams at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center at 426-1739.
• Nightlyfe - College Night will be held from 11:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 31, in the Eagles Hall 211 S. Grand, $3 single / $5 couple.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake, Wii Bowl in Las Vegas, April 22 at the Plaza Hotel, 230 Plaza. For more information on the local bowl, contact Maggie Romigh at 426-8510 or email@example.com.
• The Oklahoma Masonic Indian Degree Team performance, 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 31, at the Ilfeld Ballroom in the Plaza Hotel. Performance and dinner is $40. For more information, contact Rudy Laumbach at 454-0033.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern New Mexico is raffling a red 2010 Chevrolet Camaro with black leather seats and Pirelli tires. Tickets are $100 each, and 500 tickets will be sold. Call 426-8510 or 426-7594.
• Meadow City Family Clinic office of Lacy Houdek will be giving free adult flu vaccine shots. No appointment needed. $10 administrative fee will be the only charge. The office is located at 624 University Ave. Suite 600 in Las Vegas. For more information, call 426-0700.