• La Plaza Little League registration will be held at 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 16, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 17, from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 23 and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 24 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. For questions call, Player Agent Olivia Gonzales at 617-0529 or Player Agent Gilbert Garcia 429-3530.
• Getting the Relationship You Need seminar with pastor Kristiaan Rawlings. Free seminars on Fridays for a month, starting March 16 at 6:45 p.m. for couples and singles at 715 National (Methodist Building). Learn what you wish you had known before marriage and how to move past hurt. Youth Alive! classes available for children concurrently.
• University Celebrity High School Competition, 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 17 at Ilfeld Auditorium. Ticket prices are $7 for general admission and students are $5.Call 454-3238 for ticket information.
• St. Patrick’s Day Bingo to benefit the Upper Room Prayer Group of Our Lady of Sorrows Parish at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 17 at the Tecolote Community Center. Tickets may be purchased from Lillian by calling 425-7452.
• Indoor Swap Meet to be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 17 in the Eagles Hall 211 S. Grand. Contact Sandra 429-8937 for more information.
• St. Patrick’s Day Dance from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, March 17 in the Eagles Hall 211 S. Grand. Featuring Jeff Romero and The Rainy Morning Blues Band. Contact Sandra 429-8937 for more information.
• Local author, Alvin Korte, will talk about the presence of the swastika symbol, its meanings and changes over time in northern New Mexico at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 17 in the City of Las Vegas Museum on 727 Grand Ave. This free event is sponsored by the Friends of the Museum and the City of Las Vegas Museum. Southwest Swastikas: Variations on a Design is the first in the Friends’ Heritage Series of booklets to provide a venue for scholarly research on subjects of community and regional interest. Copies of Southwest Swastikas will be available for sale at the presentation.
• Bingo Fundraiser, 1 p.m. on Sunday, March 18 at VFW Post #1547 in Las Vegas.
• Interpretive talk, at 1 p.m. on Sunday, March 18 at the Las Vegas National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center, located on Highway 281, East of Las Vegas. “Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Las Vegas National Wildlife Refuge
with Joe Zebrowski, NMHU GIS/GPS Specialist, and NMHU student, Antonio Garcia. Zebrowski and Garcia will discuss their recent project of mapping refuge lands using geographic information systems. Seating is limited to 40. All seats will be available on a first come first serve basis. For more information, call Jan Arrott at 454-6115.