• “El Tigre” Reies Lopez Tijerina returns to Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 8, 10 a.m. to noon — academic panel discussion, Ilfeld Auditorium; noon to 3:30 p.m., community celebration, Plaza Park; 4:30 p.m to 6 p.m., the People’s History of El Norte mural dedication, Old Safeway parking lot. All events free and open to the public. Sponsored by Casa de Cultura, City of Las Vegas, New Mexico Highlands University and Alianza del Norte.
• Search and Rescue will meet at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, June 8, at the Professional Home Health Care Annex, 1931 Seventh, across from the Forest Service office.
UPCOMING & ONGOING EL PORVENIR
• Carnegie Public Library is now registering young readers for the Summer Reading Program. Registration forms may be picked up at the library. Independent reading is ongoing and all participants will meet at 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesdays at Carnegie Library Park. Regular Story Time on Wednesdays will resume in August. For more information, contact Carnegie Library at 426-3304.
• West Las Vegas Seamless Summer feeding program available for school age children 18 and younger starting on June 6. Breakfast from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at West Las Vegas High School Monday through Fridays. Breakfast from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday at Armijo Elementary. For more information, call 426-2529.
• Las Vegas City Schools Summer Food Service program starting on June 7 to July 29. For more information, call 454-5700.