• Xplosion Softball Travel team bingo fundraiser, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, June 9 at VFW, 148 Mills Ave. There is a $300 jackpot and $5 per ticket. For tickets, call Kathy Duran at 505-617-0759.
• Grand opening celebration of the Tri-County Farmers Market, 7 a.m. to noon on Saturday, June 8 on the market located at the corner of Sixth and University. There will be food sampling, information booths, music, kids activities and farm products.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Mora Summerfest, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. bingo, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. chile cook-off, 8 p.m. to midnight dance featuring “Nueva Vida,” Saturday, June 15 at the Mora VFW. Proceeds go to “Bring Back the Memories” of Mora Valley Theatre. For more information, call 575-387-2247 or 426-5150.
• Third Annual Sunrise Kiwanis Outdoor Show, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 15 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. Games, prizes, food, music, contests and educational displays. Free admission and open to the public.
• Story Time at Carnegie Public Library is over for the year, but the Summer Reading Program will begin on Wednesday, June 19. Registration forms are available at the library.
• Ride to Pride’s Raising of the flag for Flag Day, 11 a.m. on Friday, June 14 at 47 Alameda Road. There will be refreshments and it is open to the public.
• Second Annual Fabian Trujillo Run/Walk, 5K run starts at 7:45 a.m., one-mile walk starts at 7 a.m. and “Logan’s Trot” for children younger than 12 after the 5K run on Saturday, June 15 at the Gene Torres Golf Course.
• The newly forming Las Vegas Summer Chorus conducted by Daniel Torres will be singing patriotic songs on July 6 during the Fourth of July Fiestas. Rehearsals will be from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday and Wednesday evenings until July 3 from in the Choral Room of the Highlands University Music building. Participation Is open to all ages, and is free of charge. For more information or to reserve your place, contact Richard Lindeborg at 425-9120 or RALindeborg@q.com or Daniel Torres at 426 6788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pecos Schools Summer Food Program will provide free meals starting until Friday, June 21. Breakfast takes place from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. both at Pecos Elementary. Meals will be available to all children. For more information, contact Emily Ortiz at 505-757-4701.
• Animal Welfare Coalition’s Camp Ruffin It has been cancelled. For any questions, contact 505-652-4366 or email email@example.com.
• The Mora/Colfax Head Start Program is accepting applications for the 2013-2014 school year. Children born before Sept. 1, 2010 are age eligible. Head Start officers services for children with disabilities and special needs, and other child development services. Applications may be picked up at the Mora/Colfax Head Start Office in Holman. For more information, contact Pauline Espinoza at 575-387-3136, Beatrice Regensberg at 575-387-3139 or Chene French at 575-387-3217.
• Las Vegas Children’s Chorus, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays at the Old Mission Church, corner of Chavez and Socorro Street. Coordinated by United World College with UWC faculty member Kevin Zoernig. Learn music and sing songs from many cultures. Call 505-699-6624.
• Committee for Clean Air, Water, and Earth weekly meetings, 6 p.m. Mondays at Presbyterian Church, 1000 Douglas Ave. The meeting is about fracking and ongoing projects in Las Vegas and San Miguel County. For more information, call 426-1468.