• Colcha workshop for adults, by Beatrice Maestas, 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 30, at the city museum. The workshop is limited to 10 adults and pre-registration is required for this free workshop. For more information, call Kristin Hsueh at 426-3204 or by email at email@example.com.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• 2012 Relay for Life of San Miguel County, starting at 6 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 3 to noon on Saturday, Aug. 4 at the West Las Vegas High School Football and track field. Survivors dinner from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.on Thursday, Aug. 2 at the Night Owl. To reserve a seat at the dinner, call Helen Garcia at 454-8081 by Monday, July 2. Teams interested in registering for the relay, contact Angelica Gallegos at 429-1660 by Monday, July 2.
• Bingo Fundraiser to benefit the La Plaza Little League nine to ten year old All-Stars, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 3 at the Tecolote Community Center.
• Calling all Veterans, the city of Las Vegas selected veterans as the 2012 4th of July Parade Grand Marshals. The parade starts at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4 beginning at Second Street and Mills Avenue and ends at Plaza Park. A special veterans program will follow at the park. For more information, call 505-718-9856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Steven Michael Quezada Comedy Show featuring Curt Fletcher and Las Vegas native Jose “Joser” Maestas, 8 p.m. on Friday, July 6 at Ilfeld Auditorium. General admission: $20/NMHU students w/valid I.D.’s: $15. Advance tickets for all events, 454-3238 or visit KEDP radio station, studio 103.
• Earn Your Wings at Amazing Wonders Aviation Vacation Bible School, from 8:30 a.m. to noon from July 9 to July 13 at First Baptist Church on Mountain View Drive. To register, call Raychel at 426-7466 or email- email@example.com.
• Vacation Bible School and Youth Rally, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 14 at Mountain View Church of Christ, 53A Mountain View Drive. Adult classes will be offered as well. For more information, call 425-3038.
• Summer Fest 4 Christ featuring “The Thirsting” - A Catholic Christian Center concert featuring a four-piece Catholic alternative rock band from Vancouver, Wash. Sponsored by the NMHU Newman Center, starting at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, July 18 at Ilfeld. Admission: $5. Advance tickets, call 454-3238 or visit KEDP radio station studio.
• 2012 Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish Santiago Fiesta, July 21 in Villanueva N.M. Schedule of Events: 8 a.m. Horse Ride - Riding Clubs Invited; 10 a.m. Fiesta Mass; 11 a.m. All food and game booths open, 11 a.m. Live entertainment begins; 11 a.m. Silent auction begins; 11 a.m. Villanueva Tapestry Tours - Every two hours; 6 p.m. outdoor dance begins; 9 p.m. Fiesta raffle drawing. For more information, call 575-421-2548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wilderness Volunteers, is sponsoring a week-long project in cooperation with the Santa Fe National Forest, from July 22 to July 28. The group will backpack four miles and set up a base camp near the Rio Valdez. The work is trail maintenance including removing downed trees, improving drainage and controlling erosion.More information at www.WildernessVolunteers.org or 801-949-3099.
• Outdoor spaces are available for artists and craftsmen at the Cleveland Millfest, the two-day even takes place Labor Day weekend, Sept. 1 and Sept. 2. Call 575-387-6763 or 575-387-2645 for application and information.
• The Children’s Workshop is offering free child development screenings. The schedule an appointment, call 426-1760 or 454-0348.
• Roadway Rehabilitation Project on I-25 from mile post 348 to 356, between Las Vegas and Watrous, began on May 29. FNF Construction Inc. will be working from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The project is scheduled for 90 days and is programmed at $6,702,916.06. Project starts at mile marker 348.5 and ends at mile marker 356.5, and the construction consist of roadway rehabilitation, mill and inlay, and miscellaneous construction. FNF Construction Inc. will have one lane closures during working hours which will lead to delays in the construction zone. Speed will be reduced to 55 mph in the construction zone for the safety of the employees. Motorists are to use caution and reduce their speed in this area. For information, contact Project Manager Anthony Martinez at 454-3690, or Public Information Officer Kenny Luján at 617-5900.