UPCOMING & ONGOING
• The Noon Kiwanis Club of Las Vegas will hold its annual Pancake Day fundraiser on Wednesday, June 22 at the Hillcrest Restaurant. Hours are 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.,11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets are $7 for adults and children. Proceeds benefits Las Vegas Youth projects. For more info call 718-6655.
• West Las Vegas Seamless Summer feeding program available for school age children 18 and younger started on June 6. Breakfast from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at West Las Vegas High School Monday through Fridays. Breakfast from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday at Armijo Elementary. For more information, call 426-2529.
• Las Vegas City Schools Summer Food Service program started on June 7 to July 29. Breakfast and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sierra Vista Elementary. Lunch from noon to 1 p.m. at Lincoln Park, Los Niños Elementary, Legion Park Elementary, Paul D. Henry Elementary, Memorial Middle School and Early Childhood Center. For more information, call 454-5700.
• Guitarist Carl Bernstein concert at 8:15 p.m. started on Tuesday, June 14 for a series of seven concerts until July 26 at the Dwan Light Sanctuary on the campus of United World College in Montezuma. The performances begin with a brief introduction followed by an hour of music without interruption. He will perform classical guitar repertory, original compositions, jazz and vocal work. There is no charge for the concert series which is sponsored by the UWC as part of their summer teacher training workshops.
• Fort Union National Monument is holding the annual “Cultural Encounters” weekend, June 25 and June 26. The park is waiving all entrance fees. As part of the weekend activities, visitors may take self-guided tours of Fort Union. To visit the monument, take Exit 366 off I-25 at Watrous, onto State Hwy. 161, 8 miles. Park hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information and a complete schedule of events, contact Fort Union National Monument at 425-8025, or visit www.nps.gov/foun.
• The West Las Vegas class of 1965 will hold its 46-year reunion on Aug. 12 to Aug. 14 in Las Vegas. If you are a class member and have not received a letter or been contacted, call Rosita Gonzales Ellis at 429-0887, Della Marquez Gonzales at 429-3869 or Lenore Padilla Ortega at 425-8014 with a mailing address and contact information.
• Robertson High School class of 1981 is having its 30-year class reunion on July 1 to July 3. For more information, call 429-2731.
• The RHS class of 1971 will hold it's 40th class reunion on July 1 and 2. It is not too late to register. If you have not been contacted or would like more information, call Annette at 429-1085, or e-mail at email@example.com.
• Vacation Bible School at First Baptist Church, 201 Mountain View Drive from 9 a.m. to noon on July 11 to July 14. Free for children three to 12.