• Fiera Cultura de Musica show, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Part 1 on Friday, June 15 and Part 2 on Saturday, June 16, the events are fundraisers for the Lorenzo Miguel Scholarship. Tickets: General admission: $5. Advance tickets for all events, 454-3238 or visit KEDP radio station, studio 103.
• A memorial celebration for Tibor K. Remenyik will be held from 4:15 to 5:30 p.m. this Friday, June 15 at Methodist Church Fellowship Hall on Eighth Street and National Ave. A reception will follow with directions given at that time.
• Second Annual Outdoor Recreation Show, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 16 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. Showcasing Northern New Mexico’s recreational activities. Hiking, boating, fishing, hunting and camping information. Horseshoe tournament — adult and kids bracket. The very popular Hula Hoop contest will be held every hour. Archery practice for kids under 14. Music, games, dancing, prizes, fun for all! Raffle prizes include 2 rounds of golf at Pendaries, ski tickets from Sipapu and a Marlin 22 rifle. Sponsored by Sunrise Kiwanis. Visit www.lasvegasoutdoorshow.com or call 505-617-6242.
• Tux and Tails, join the Animal Welfare Coalition of Northeastern New Mexico on Saturday, June 16, at the Gene Torres Golf Course as it raises money and awareness to help the animals of northeastern New Mexico. The day starts with a golf tournament at 10 a.m., and from 3 to 7 p.m.there will be activities, including a dog adoption, pet sketches, a silent auction, raffle ticket sales for a retablo of St. Francis and prizes for best dressed dog, snacks throughout the afternoon. Tickets are $10, and include entry for yourself and one well-behaved canine companion. The entry fee for the Best Dressed Dog competition will be $5, and entry forms will be available at the event. To purchase tickets or download a form to sign up for the golf tournament, visit: tuxandtailsnewmexico.com/.
• Indoor yard sale on Saturday, June 16, in the Tecolote community center. There are still spaces available for rent. For more information, call 806-367-0933 or 575-421-2729.
• WESST presentation on “Business Skills for Artists and Arts Organizations, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 16 in Douglas Hall room 204 on the campus of NMHU. For more information or to register, call Roseanna Perea at 505-474-6556.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• 16th Annual Kiwanis Pancake Day, Wednesday, June 20, serving times are 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Cost is $8 and proceeds support local youth programs. For more information, call 505-718-6655.
• Summer Solstice - Natural Energy Seasonal Observance, on Wednesday, June 20. Ceremony for the Renewal and Enrichment of Body, Mind, and Spirit, 6:45 a.m. Eight Treasures, 8 a.m. Ceremony and sitting meditation followed by a potluck. For m information, contact Peter or Jody Stege 454-0003 or 454-1386.
• Youth Art/Talent Show, 5 p.m. on Friday, June 22 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. Ages 12 and older are invited to participate, any form of art is welcomed.
• Hermit’s Peak Watershed Alliance will be hosting a hike to the upper stretches of the beautiful Gallinas River on Saturday, June 23. Hiking will begin from trailhead #216 at 8 a.m. Participants will hike alongside the Gallinas for three miles before going over the ridge to Burro Canyon.For additional information, call 425-5514.
• Cultural Encounters annual free event from 8 a.m. to 10:45 p.m. on Saturday, June 23 and 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. on Sunday, June 24 at Fort Union National Monument in Watrous. The event will emphasize the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War as it relates to New Mexico and Fort Union and will include speakers on topics such as military operations, impacts of the Civil War on Native Americans, effects of the "Indian Wars," civil rights and the expanding role of women on the frontier. For more information and a complete schedule of events, contact Fort Union National Monument at 425-8025, or visit www.nps.gov/foun.
• Colcha workshop for adults, by Beatrice Maestas, 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 30, at the city museum. The workshop is limited to 10 adults and pre-registration is required for this free workshop. For more information, call Kristin Hsueh at 426-3204 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Steven Michael Quezada Comedy Show featuring Curt Fletcher and Las Vegas native Jose “Joser” Maestas, 8 p.m. on Friday, July 6 at Ilfeld Auditorium. General admission: $20/NMHU students w/valid I.D.’s: $15. Advance tickets for all events, 454-3238 or visit KEDP radio station, studio 103.
• Earn Your Wings at Amazing Wonders Aviation Vacation Bible School, from 8:30 a.m. to noon from July 9 to July 13 at First Baptist Church on Mountainview Drive. To register, call Raychel at 426-7466 or email- email@example.com.
• Summer Fest 4 Christ featuring “The Thirsting” - A Catholic Christian Center concert featuring an inspiring four piece Catholic alternative rock band from Vancouver, Wash. Sponsored by the NMHU Newman Center, starting at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, July 18 at Ilfeld. Admission: $5. Advance tickets, call 454-3238 or visit KEDP radio station, studio.
• Wilderness Volunteers, is sponsoring a week-long project in cooperation with the Santa Fe National Forest, from July 22 to July 28. The group will backpack four miles and set up a basecamp near the Rio Valdez.