• Auditions for the upcoming Missoula Children’s Theatre production, “The Secret Garden” will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Monday, July 21, at Ilfeld Auditorium. No audition material is required. When casting is complete, rehearsals will begin shortly after that for the remainder of the week from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Performance of the show will be at 7 p.m. on Saturday, July 26, in the Ilfeld Auditorium. Tickets will be sold at the door. Ticket prices are: $10 for adults; $5 for children 12 and younger. Contact the Las Vegas Arts Council at 425-1085 or Patrick Rucker at 454-9707.
• Mora County Assessors office will be closed from Monday, July 21 to Friday, July 25. Staff will be attending appraisal school.
• Las Vegas Municipal Court will be closed from Wednesday, July 23 to Friday, July 25. Municipal Court staff will be attending the Judicial Conference out of town. If you have any questions, contact the Municipal Court at 426-9403.
• Juxtapose Paper to Metal show runs until July 26 at Gallery 140, Las Vegas Arts Council building at 140 Bridge Street. The show features bronze sculptures by Jane Lumsden and watercolors by Jane Fritz.
• Vacation Bible School at First Baptist Church at 201 Mountain View Drive,, Monday, July 28 to Thursday, July 31. Children from three years old to fifth grade are admitted free from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. A Family Night with a slideshow of the week and hamburgers and hotdogs will take place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 31. For more information, call Raychel Hosch at 426-7466.
• 36th Annual People’s Fair will take place on Saturday, Aug. 23, at Carnegie Library Park. Vendor applications are currently available at 140 Bridge St. or online at lasvegasartscouncil.org. Deadline is Aug. 16.
• Friends of the RHS Class of 1964 may join the class at Pino’s Family Restaurant from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 1, for no host food and beverages. Schedule of Saturday and Sunday reunion events will be available at that time. Watch for class members on the Places with a Past Tour, Over the Edge VII, Las Vegas Musicians Reunited, and at the Fort Union Drive In.
• The West Las Vegas Class of 1964 50th Class Reunion will be Aug. 15 to Aug. 17 in Las Vegas. Activities will include a meet-and-greet, picnic, brunch and dinner. Venues are being discussed and preparations will be announced by the end of May. Updated information may be obtained by contacting, Mary Gonzales Ludi at 425-6877 or Darwin Ludi at 619-482-1691.
• The Las Vegas Arts Council invites all fine artists/artisans to participate in the 2014 Historic Las Vegas Studio Tour, Oct. 25 and Oct. 26. In addition to private studios, tour stops at New Mexico Highlands University and United World College Once again we will have a “La Gente” show featuring both Las Vegas residents unable to show at home and area artists who reside outside the studio tour perimeter. Deadline for entry forms and payment is Aug. 15. To facilitate planning and publicity, it is requested that forms be sent in as soon as possible. Entry forms available at LVAC Gallery, 140 Bridge Street and on website at www.lasvegasartscouncil.org.
• The Mora High School Class of 1974 is planning its 40-year reunion in Mora on Aug. 16. Anyone who started freshman year with the class is invited. Contact the following individuals for more information and to confirm attendance, Fares at 575-387-5325, or Lola at 575-643-6733, or Elaine at 575-224-9571, or Lucille at 575-387-5309 or email Lu.Sandoval@outlook.com, Simonita at 575-387-5463 or Louie at 575-387-2953.
• Robertson High School class of 1979 will host their 35-year Class Reunion from Oct. 10 to Oct. 11 in Las Vegas. Anyone who attended high school with this class is invited to attend. Attendees will participate in the Robertson Homecoming Parade followed by a tailgate party and attendance at the Homecoming game on Friday; a school tour, dinner and dance on Saturday. Any classmates who have not been contacted may call Mary Ann Salazar-Lucero at 505-629-6377 or Diane Lucero-Vasquez at 505-379-2082 for more information.
• Meadow City Zen is an open group of people sitting in silent meditation. The group will be at the First Presbyterian Fellowship Hall. For dates, information, and instruction call Jane at 454-1260. All are welcome and donations accepted.
• Committee for Clean Air, Water, and Earth weekly meetings, 6 p.m. Mondays at Presbyterian Church, 1000 Douglas Ave. The meeting is about fracking and ongoing projects in Las Vegas and San Miguel County. For more information, call 426-1468.
• The Mora/Colfax Head Start Program is still looking for children to join in the Head Start classrooms. If interested, pick up an enrollment application at the Mora/Colfax Head Start Office in Holman. The program provides some of the necessary skills your child needs to get a jump start in preparing your child for kindergarten. The program’s curriculum is designed on an individual basis that focus on learning all basics. Enrollment application is also available on the Mora Independent School District website at www.mora.k12.nm.us.