• 2012 Relay for Life of San Miguel County, starting at 6 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 3 to noon on Saturday, Aug. 4 at the West Las Vegas High School Football and track field. Survivors dinner from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.on Thursday, Aug. 2 at the Night Owl. To reserve a seat at the dinner, call Helen Garcia at 454-8081 by Monday, July 2. Teams interested in registering for the relay, contact Angelica Gallegos at 429-1660 by Monday, July 2.
• Bingo Fundraiser to benefit the La Plaza Little League nine to ten year old All-Stars, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 3 at the Tecolote Community Center.
• Calling all Veterans, the city of Las Vegas selected veterans as the 2012 4th of July Parade Grand Marshals. The parade starts at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4 beginning at Second Street and Mills Avenue and ends at Plaza Park. A special veterans program will follow at the park. For more information, call 505-718-9856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fourth of July Fiesta parade, 10 a.m. starts at 2nd St. and MIlls and ends at Plaza Park.
• Cineflex at Ilfeld Auditorium, 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Fiesta Mass and Procession, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, July 6 at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.
• Steven Michael Quezada Comedy Show featuring Curt Fletcher and Las Vegas native Jose “Joser” Maestas, 8 p.m. on Friday, July 6 at Ilfeld Auditorium. General admission: $20/NMHU students w/valid I.D.’s: $15. Advance tickets for all events, 454-3238 or visit KEDP radio station, studio 103.
• Mayor’s Presentation and Introduction of the Fiesta Reina, 10 a .m. on Saturday, July 7 at Plaza Park.
• Earn Your Wings at Amazing Wonders Aviation Vacation Bible School, from 8:30 a.m. to noon from July 9 to July 13 at First Baptist Church on Mountain View Drive. To register, call Raychel at 426-7466 or email- email@example.com.
• Vacation Bible School and Youth Rally, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 14 at Mountain View Church of Christ, 53A Mountain View Drive. Adult classes will be offered as well. For more information, call 425-3038.
• Summer Fest 4 Christ featuring “The Thirsting” - A Catholic Christian Center concert featuring a four-piece Catholic alternative rock band from Vancouver, Wash. Sponsored by the NMHU Newman Center, starting at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, July 18 at Ilfeld. Admission: $5. Advance tickets, call 454-3238 or visit KEDP radio station studio.
• 2012 Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish Santiago Fiesta, July 21 in Villanueva N.M. Schedule of Events: 8 a.m. Horse Ride - Riding Clubs Invited; 10 a.m. Fiesta Mass; 11 a.m. All food and game booths open, 11 a.m. Live entertainment begins; 11 a.m. Silent auction begins; 11 a.m. Villanueva Tapestry Tours - Every two hours; 6 p.m. outdoor dance begins; 9 p.m. Fiesta raffle drawing. For more information, call 575-421-2548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wilderness Volunteers, is sponsoring a week-long project in cooperation with the Santa Fe National Forest, from July 22 to July 28. The group will backpack four miles and set up a base camp near the Rio Valdez. The work is trail maintenance including removing downed trees, improving drainage and controlling erosion.More information at www.WildernessVolunteers.org or 801-949-3099.
• Outdoor spaces are available for artists and craftsmen at the Cleveland Millfest, the two-day even takes place Labor Day weekend, Sept. 1 and Sept. 2. Call 575-387-6763 or 575-387-2645 for application and information.
• The Mora/Colfax Head Start Program is accepting applications for the 2012-2013 school year. Head Start offers services for children with disabilities and special needs, and other child development services. Children born before Sept. 1, 2009 are age eligible. Applications may be picked up at the Mora/Colfax Head State office in Holman, N.M. For more information, call Pauline Espinoza at 575-387-3236, Beatrice Regensberg at 575-387-3139 or Valerie Benjamin at 575-3217.
• The Children’s Workshop is offering free child development screenings. The schedule an appointment, call 426-1760 or 454-0348.