• The audition for the Missoula Children’s Theatre production of The Princess and the Pea will be held at 10 a.m. on Monday, July 11 at the Ilfeld Auditorium on New Mexico Highlands University’s campus. There are roles for students entering 1st grade through 12th grade. Fifty to 60 students will be cast with the MCT Tour Actor/Director. Students wishing to audition must arrive by the scheduled starting time and stay for the entire two-hour session. The first rehearsal begins about 15 to 30 minutes after audition. The performance of The Princess and the Pea will be held at 7 p.m. on Saturday, July 16 in Ilfeld Auditorium. The students in the cast will be called for dress rehearsal before the performance that day. Those cast must be available for all scheduled rehearsals and performance. Ticket Prices: $8 General Admission, $4 for those 12 and under. Tickets will be sold at the door. For further information, contact the Arts Council at 425-1085; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mora Valley Baptist Church is having Vacation Bible School from 9 a.m. to noon July 11 to July 15 at its church in Cleveland. For more information, call Joan Maestas at 575-387-2673.
• Vacation Bible School at First Baptist Church, 201 Mountain View Drive from 9 a.m. to noon on July 11 to July 14. Free for children 3 to 12.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Guitarist Carl Bernstein concert at 8:15 p.m. every Tuesday until July 26 at the Dwan Light Sanctuary on the campus of United World College in Montezuma. The performances begin with a brief introduction followed by an hour of music without interruption. He will perform classical guitar repertory, original compositions, jazz and vocal work. There is no charge for the concert series, which is sponsored by the UWC.
• Search and Rescue will meet from 6:p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, July 13, at the Professional Health Care Annex, 1931 Seventh Street, across from the Forest Service Office.
• 22nd Friendship Caravan to Cuba will visit Las Vegas from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, July 13 at Tapetes de Lana on the Plaza. For more information, call 454-6771.
• Alcoholic Anonymous Speaker and Public Information meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 13 at the Highlands Happy Hour meeting room at 310 Mills Avenue. Featured speaker is Andy V. The public is invited to attend.
• Samaritan House Thrift Store has new hours of operation. The new hours are Monday through Friday the store will be open for sales and to receive donations from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Saturdays, personnel will be available to receive donations from 2 p.m.to 5 p.m.
• Cleveland Roller Mill Museum’s current exhibitions through Labor Day weekend. "Valley of the Mills" This Exhibit provides information on the mill's history, and wheat farming and milling in Mora County, as well as a historical overview of the history of western Mora County. “Mora County: The early years.” This photo exhibit includes 80 historic photographs relating to the architecture, landscape and personalities during Mora County’s early years. The Cleveland Roller Mill Museum is a three story, adobe, water powered flour mill that has been turned into a local history museum. The Mill's original equipment is intact and operable for demonstration purposes. For more Information call, 575- 387-2645.
• A.J. Larrañaga a seventh grader at Memorial Middle School is looking for work to help fund his trip to the Junior National Young Leaders Conference in Washington D.C. He was a member of K-kids at Paul D. Henry for two years, and is a straight A student. He is an active member of Boy Scouts, plays the B flat trumpet and is an avid outdoorsman. He is looking for odd jobs during the month of July to fund his trip. If you have any job offers, call 425-6976.
• Skies of New Mexico art exhibit by Mary A. Oviatt at Travelers Café on the Plaza showing all month. For more information, call 426-7555
• Casting for Recovery Retreat at Philmont Scout Ranch in Cimarron, N.M. on Sept. 30 to Oct. 1. Applications are open until Friday, July 22 for women who have had breast cancer and are in any phase of their recovery. Selection of the participants is by lottery. There is no cost to apply or for those selected to participate in the retreat.The weekend incorporates fly/fishing to promote physical and emotional healing. Participants learn the fundamentals of flycasting, entomology, knot tying, equipment basics but most importantly, participants spend time on the water practicing catch and release fishing. If anyone would like to talk about the retreat or how to apply, contact: Deborah Blanche by email to email@example.com or by calling her at 425-5004.
• Dia de Santiago Fiesta at our Lady of Guadalupe Parish in Villanueva, N.M. Fiesta mass at 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 23. There will be music, food and games.
• The West Las Vegas class of 1965 will hold its 46-year reunion from Aug. 12 to Aug. 14 in Las Vegas. If you are a class member and have not received a letter or been contacted, call Rosita Gonzales Ellis at 429-0887, Della Marquez Gonzales at 429-3869 or Lenore Padilla Ortega at 425-8014 with a mailing address and contact information.