• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 8, in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “All the Seasons of the Year” by Deborah Lee Rose. Free and open to the public.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• El Creston Mutual Domestic Water Consumer’s Association Board of Directors’ Meeting, 7 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 9 at 49 Mirasol Road in the Ojitos Frios Ranches Subdivision. Everyone is welcome to attend. For questions or further information, contact Lupita Gonzales 454-9005 or email@example.com.
• Senior Olympic Meeting, 1 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 9 at the Abelino Montoya Recreation Center. This is a very important meeting all members are urged to attend.
• Robertson High School Blood Drive, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 23 in Mike Marr Gymnasium. To set-up an appointment or for more information, call Bryanna Duran at 426-6007 or Donna Ortiz at 429-4698.
• Lions Club Seventh Annual Holiday Pecan Sale to fund eye exams and glasses for in-need residents of San Miguel County is concluding. The remaining stock of new crop pecans is available at Shoes ‘n Boots, 1606 Seventh St. for 25 percent off, $6 a bag: English walnuts, plain pecans plus roasted and salted, chocolate coated and cinnamon-glazed pecans.
• The Tri-county Farmers Market is continuing through the winter months. You can buy fresh produce and beautiful crafts at our winter location in the Travelers’ Cafe on the Plaza. It will be open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for your convenience every Saturday.
• The Las Vegas Children’s Chorus, a free community service sponsored by the United World College, meets from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Old Mission Church, Chavez at Socorro streets. Singers ages 6 to 12 are welcome. The group meets each Wednesday. The fall session will culminate in a December performance. No prior experience necessary. Contact coordinator Kevin Zoernig at 505-699 6624.
• UWC-USA offers free Chinese (Mandarin) classes in Las Vegas — for ages 15 and up. If you are interested in studying beginning Mandarin Chinese and learning about China through language, the class is from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. every Thursday at the Old Town Mission, Chavez Street at Socorro. Free, but an ongoing commitment is necessary. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon.email@example.com or 454-4206.
• Committee for Clean Air, Water, and Earth weekly meetings, 6 p.m. Mondays at Presbyterian Church, 1000 Douglas Ave. The meeting is about fracking and ongoing projects in Las Vegas and San Miguel County. For more information, call 426-1468.