• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 30 in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “Substitute Groundhog“ by Pat Miller. Free and open to the public.
• The West Las Vegas High School Class of 2003 will have a 10-year reunion planing meeting at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31 at the Rye Lounge. For more information call Francisco Sanchez at 429-4437 or Elizabeth Garcia at 718-9117.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Registration for Senior Olympics has started. Pick up a registration form at the front desk of the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. Registration will continue through the month of January. For more information, contact Denise McElroy at 454-1379 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Las Vegas Senior Olympic Day, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2 at the Abe Montoya Recreation Center.
• Fifth Annual Sustainable Homes Tour in Las Vegas, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 9. A self-guided tour highlights a passive solar residence; photovoltaic arrays, including financing options and a pergola-style mount; a geothermal heating and cooling system; domestic water heating; and energy efficiency measures, including LED lighting. The tour begins at the Arts Council building at 140 Bridge St. For further information, contact Emelie Olson at 454-3920 or email@example.com.
• Catholic Daughters of Immaculate Conception Parish (Court Empress of the Americas #1796) have joined Catholic Daughter Courts throughout the country in sponsoring the 2013 National Education Contest. The contest is open to Catholic and non-Catholic students in grades 4 through 12 as well as adult Catholic Daughters. Themes selected for the contest are: “Jesus is Reflected in Me” and “My Life is a Reflection of Good.” Monetary awards and certificates will be given for first-, second- and third-place winning entries in each division and category. First place local winning entries will be forwarded to state and the first place state winners will advance to National competition. Local deadline is Feb. 15. For divisions, categories and more information, contact Irene at 425-7666 or Paula at 429-9456.
• Benefit Volleyball Tournament to benefit an educational trip for Ethan Abreu and Alicia Baca, co-ed and is $100 a team. Takes place on March 2. For more information, contact Antoinette Abreu at 505-617-3608 or Julie Santistevan at 505-652-8822. Deadline is Feb. 22.
• Arts and Crafts Fair to benefit Ethan Abreu and Alicia Baca for their educational trip to France and Spain. The fair takes place on March 16 and is $30 a booth. Deadline is Feb. 28. No food vendors allowed. For more information, contact Julie Santistevan at 505-652-8822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Basketball tournament, March 16, co-ed teams of three. Deadline is March 1 and is $100 a team. For more information, call Antoinette Abreu at 505-617-3608 or Julie Santistevan at 505-652-8822. The tourney will benefit Ethan Abreu and Alicia Baca’s educational trip to France and Spain this summer.