• The 16th annual Polar Bear Plunge will take place at noon on Sunday, Jan. 1 - New Year’s Day, at Storrie Lake just north of Las Vegas. Every year, for 15 years, a dedicated group has jumped into the frigid waters of Storrie Lake, often times alongside floating chunks of ice, to bring in the new year. This year, of course, is no exception. The public is invited to attend and, if you are so inclined, make the jump yourself.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• The San Miguel County Safe-Ride-Home Service will be extending its hours of operation. Additional days of operation started on Monday through Saturday, Dec. 31, from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. However, on New Year’s Eve service hours will operate from 6 p.m. to 2:30 am. Services are provided from any liquor establishment to your home. For a ride call, 429-0336.
• The Las Vegas Optic business office will be closed on Monday, Jan. 2 for the New Years holiday. It will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 3.
• In Observance of the New Year holiday San Miguel County offices will be closed on Monday, Jan. 2 and will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 3.
• The El Creston Mutual Domestic Water Consumer’s Association Board will meet at 7 p.m. on Thurs. Jan. 5 at 89 Roadrunner Road (intersection of Roadrunner and Coyote) in Ojitos Frios Ranches. All are welcome to attend. For more information, contact Karyl Lyne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Barter Hours introductory meeting at 3 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 6 at Pedro's Bakery, 525 Grand Ave. Join us for a cup of coffee and find out about the Bartering group in Las Vegas. For more information, call 426-1468.