• Search and Rescue will meet at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 8 at the San Miguel County Jail south of Las Vegas off the I-25 access road. For more information, call 429-2045.
• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 8, in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “A String of Heart”s by Laura Malone Elliott. The theme for the month is “Leap Year Laughter.” All programs are free and open to the public.
• United World College students provide free homework help from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 8 and each Wednesday following at the Travelers Café on the Las Vegas Plaza. All age levels. If we can’t help, we will try to find someone who can! If you have any questions, call: Sharon Seto at 454-4206.
• VFW Post 1547 monthly meeting, 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 8 at the post on Mills Ave. All members are welcome.
• Thomas C. Donnelly Library Fine Art Print lecture series about etching revival, 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 8 at the Art Viewing Room. For more information, call Bob Read at 454-3338.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Barter Hours will have an introductory discussion starting at 9 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 10, at Mary Ann's Famous Burritos. Anyone interested in finding out about the Barter Hours Organization is welcome. Also, come to share your ideas about how bartering can benefit the community. Call Dianne Lindsay 426-1468 for questions.
• Mora County Pre-Primary Democratic Convention, 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11, at the VFW Post 1131 in Mora. Open to all registered Democrats. For more information, call Paula Garcia at 575-387-5228 or Duane Martinez at 505-699-2491.
• Sweetheart Dance: Stepping Back in Time, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11, at NMHU’s Sala de Madrid. Theme is around the 1920s to 1940s featuring the live band “The Smooth Riders.” Friends of the Museum will hold their raffle drawing at the same time. Free and open to the public. For more information, call the city of Las Vegas museum at 426-3204.
• NMHU Wearable Art Show — New Mexico Skies, 6 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11 at the NMHU Student Center Ballroom. Tickets are $10 single and $15 for a couple and the night of the event are $15 student and $20 for the public. This is a benefit fundraiser for the NMHU Crossroads Art Club.
Tickets available at Traveler’s Cafe and NMHU Burris Hall.
• The Eagles is having an Indoor Swap Meet/Arts and Crafts Fair from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11, 211 South Grand. Table Rental available, contact Sandra 429-8937 for more information.
• The Eagles is having a dance from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11. Also a College Dance from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. Cost is $3 per person or $5 a couple. For more information contact Sandra 429-8937.
• Health Fair and Women’s Expo, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 16 at the Night Owl, sponsored by Alta Vista Regional Hospital. Speaker Lisa Smartt will speak on “Embracing Failure on the Road to Success.” Call 426-3772.