• The “Ban Fracking” Art Show and Poster Contest is showing until Feb. 26 at Traveler’s Café. Come view artwork from local children and adults on banning fracking in San Miguel County. Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
• Robertson High School Advisory Committee meeting, 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 26 at the Cardinal Learning Center (former Patio Building). They will discuss potential courses for next year, who qualifies based on test data, and other pertinent information. For more information, contact the school at 454-5770.
• The documentary “Bully” showing, 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 26 at Ilfeld Auditorium, rated PG. Free and open to the public. Sponsored by NMHU’s Office of Campus Life.
• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 27 in the children’s area of the pubic library. This week’s book is “Diego’s Arctic Rescue” adapted by Erica David. Free and open to the public.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• The AAUW annual Used Book Sale is Friday and Saturday, March 1 and 2. There is a huge selection of all kinds of books — paperbacks, best sellers, classics, for every possible interest. Children’s and young adult books are specially priced, with some free educational materials for home-schooled kids. Some used CDs, DVDs, and audio books are also available. Paperbacks are 50 cents and hardcover books are a dollar, along with bargain books at a buck a bag. The book sale is held as usual in the NMHU Student Center lobby, from noon to 6 p.m. on Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. Funds raised go to support scholarships for NMHU women.
• Free tax return preparation is available for low- and middle-income persons and seniors. The service is being offered by AARP Tax-Aide at Highlands University Student Center, 903 Baca St. You do not have to be a senior or a member of AARP to receive the help. Appointments are available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesdays, through April 12. Call 505-652-4106 for an appointment. Walk-ins also welcome. Bring all your documents.
• Las Vegas Children’s Chorus, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays at the Old Mission Church, corner of Chavez and Socorro Street. Coordinated by United World College with UWC faculty member Kevin Zoernig. Learn music and sing songs from many cultures. For more information, call 505-699-6624.
• Registration for Senior Olympics has started. Pick up a registration form at the front desk of the Abe Montoya Recreation Center. Contact Denise McElroy at 454-1379 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Arts and Crafts Fair to benefit Ethan Abreu and Alicia Baca for their educational trip to France and Spain. The fair takes place on March 16 and is $30 a booth. Deadline is Feb. 28. No food vendors allowed. For more information, contact Julie Santistevan at 505-652-8822 or email@example.com.