• Our Lady of Sorrows Posadas, 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 23 in Upper Rociada, and 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 24 at Our Lady of Sorrows Religious Education Center.
• Annual Christmas Caroling Sing-along, 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 24 at the Methodist Church. Carolers will be accompanied by a small orchestra quartet. Everyone welcome. For more information, call Rosemary Pierson at 425-9299.
• The Las Vegas Optic office will close at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 24 and will be closed on Wednesday, Dec. 25 in observance of the Christmas holiday.
• In observance of the Christmas holiday San Miguel County offices will be closed on Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Wednesday, Dec. 25. County offices will re-open on Thursday, Dec. 26.
• City of Las Vegas Transfer Station will be closed half day on Tuesday, Dec. 24 and closed on Wednesday, Dec. 25. There will be regular trash pick-up routes on Tuesday. Wednesday’s route will run on Thursday along with the regular Thursday route. For more information, call 426-0350.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Second Annual Sobriety Ball, 7 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, Dec. 28 at El Burro Enterprise. Los Tropicales will provide music entertainment for the evening. Donations are being sought for the event. To donate or for more information, call 505-617-5846 or 425-2687.
• Lions Club Seventh Annual Holiday Pecan Sale is under way to fund eye exams and glasses for in-need residents of San Miguel County. The large, new crop pecans, available at Shoes ‘n Boots, 1606 Seventh St., where roasted, chocolate coated, cinnamon glazed, caramel clusters, toffee glazed pecans and pecan logs, roasted cashews, giant plain pecans and English walnuts will be available. Prices begin at $3 for pecan logs, $8 for foil gift bags, to $24 for a Grande 7-variety tin. Call 454-1073 for information or delivery.
• The Tri-county Farmers Market is continuing through the winter months. You can buy fresh produce and beautiful crafts at our winter location in the Travelers Cafe on the Plaza. It will be open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for your convenience every Saturday.
• The Las Vegas Children’s Chorus, a free community service sponsored by the United World College, meets from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Old Mission Church, Chavez at Socorro streets. Singers ages 6 to 12 are welcome. The group meets each Wednesday. The fall session will culminate in a December performance. No prior experience necessary. Contact coordinator Kevin Zoernig at 505-699 6624.