• CCHP 10th Annual Holiday Home Tour, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2. This is a festive way to celebrate the Holiday Season as you stroll through historic homes at your own pace. Tickets are $10 and available at Plaza Hotel, the Arts Council or Citizens’ Committee for Historic Preservation,116 Bridge Street, Las Vegas, 425-8803.
• New Mexico State Police will be conducting a DWI checkpoint in San Miguel County from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2.
• Mothers of Preschoolers meeting, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2, at Calvary Chapel (located in the alley behind Lowes and next to the Elks Lodge). Moms with children of any age are welcome. Through this group moms help each other become better moms while learning new parenting skills and developing new friendships. Child care provided. For more information, call Lena Atencio at 454-0572 or 575-496-2920 or email her at email@example.com.
• It’s a Candyland Christmas” — LVSM Chamber of Commerce Electric Light Parade, 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3. Spectators line the streets each year while light adorned vehicles, festive floats and marching bands make their way through Douglas, Highland’s University to the Old Town Plaza Park. This year’s City of Las Vegas Grand Marshal is Mayor and Mrs. Alfonso Ortiz Jr. The County Grand Marshals are Joe Vigil from Channel 4 TV station and the 720th Transportation Unit of the National Guard. For float or contest entry forms, or for further information contact the Las Vegas San Miguel Chamber of Commerce at 425-8631 or go to www.lasvegasnewmexico.com.
• Luna Community College will host “La Noche de las Luminarias” from 6 to 10 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3. The public will get to view about 5,000 luminarias as well as many building displays around campus. “La Noche de las Luminarias” is designed for motorists to tour the campus with a predetermined route beginning at the top gates. Individuals that want to see the display on foot are also welcome. Anyone wishing to volunteer with set up and lighting of the luminarias is welcome to meet at the Student Services building at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3. “La Noche de las Luminarias” is a free event; however, non-perishable food items will be accepted at the top gate and given to a local charity. Luna Community College is located at 366 Luna Drive north of Hot Springs Blvd.
• Arts, Crafts, Jewelry and Christmas Gift Idea Fair, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3, at the American Legion Hall on Collins Drive. For more information, call Rose at 425-9545.
• Miss Las Vegas / Miss San Miguel County Pageant, 3 p.m. on Dec. 3 at the West Las Vegas High School cafeteria. The pageant is a preliminary of the Miss America pageant. The theme for this year’s event is “Jingle Bell Rock.” The phases of competition are interview, talent, swimsuit, evening wear and on-state question. Tickets are $10 and available from each of the six contestants and at the door. For more information, call Philip Ortiz at 718-5656.
• A Little Light Music featuring the Nat Gold Players, 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3, at the First United Presbyterian Church, 1000 Douglas Ave.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• First planning meeting for the 9th Annual SynergyFest, 5:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 7 at the NMHU Donnelly Library room 325. For more information, call Cheryl Zebrowski at 718-6932.
• The New Mexico Highlands University Office of Research and Sponsored Projects and Thomas C. Donnelly Library are sponsoring “Preserving Your Historical Records: An Archival Holdings Maintenance Workshop” from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 8, in Margaret Kennedy Alumni Hall, 905 University Ave. The cost is $50. For more information and to register go to: http://tinyurl.com/nmhighlands or call Cheryl Zebrowski at 454.3255
• The Women's Auxiliary of the Fraternal Order of Eagles Arts and Crafts Fair from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10, at the Eagles 211 S. Grand. For more information, call Sandra 429-8937.
• The Women's Auxiliary of the Fraternal Order of Eagles Benefit Dance from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10, at the Eagles 211 S. Grand. For more information, call Sandra 429-8937.