• Over the Edge Part 4, an original comedy about Las Vegas, will be performed by the Nat Gold Players at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 5, and Saturday, Aug. 6 and at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 7 at Sala de Madrid on the NMHU campus. Tickets are $10 for general admission, $8 for seniors and $5 for students with a valid ID. For more information, call 425-1085.
• Movies in the Park, this weeks showing is “The Never Ending Story” starting at dusk on Saturday, Aug. 6 at Carnegie Library Park (weather permitting). Popcorn, drinks and snacks will be for sale by the Friends of the Library.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Vacation Bible School - Building Up God’s House - One Soul at a Time - at Mountain View Church of Christ beginning at 8:30 a.m. to noon starting on Thursday, Aug. 11 and ending on Saturday, Aug. 13. There will be a Bible Study starting at 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday evening with Luis Talamantes. For more information, call 425-3038 or visit www.lvchurchofchrist.org. The church is located at 53A Mountain View Dr. in Las Vegas.
• Immaculate Conception Parish is beginning registration for religious education classes for the 2011-12 school year. Registration will take place at the school from noon to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday until Aug. 12. Classes begin on Aug. 22. Sessions run for 1-1/2 hours once a week. Sessions are on Monday from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. or 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Cost, to help defray cost of books, is $35 for the year. If you have any questions, contact Rita Garcia at 454-0685 or 425-1455.
• West Las Vegas High School will have its Summer Band Camp from Aug. 8 to Aug. 12. Attendance is mandatory. Auditions for Drum Major are at 9 a.m. on Aug. 8. Auditions for Drumline are at 10:30 a.m. on Aug. 8. All auditions will be held in the band room. A full detailed schedule of rehearsals is posted on the Band Room door. If you have any questions, contact Jose Muñoz at 426-2520 or 505-554-5124.
• International non-profit Project HOPE and United Healthcare launched a statewide mobile health initiative aimed at increasing access to primary care for rural parts of New Mexico. The program’s 64-foot doctor’s office on wheels, the HOPEmobile, will stop in Las Vegas on Thursday, Aug. 11, and Saturday, Aug. 13, and will provide free screenings and health education.
• The 33rd consecutive Las Vegas People’s Faire is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 13 and Sunday, Aug. 14, 2011 in the Carnegie Library Park at Sixth Street and National Avenue (rain or shine). The hours of the Faire will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and everyone is invited to attend. In addition to food venders and festivities, this year the Faire will host approximately 50 artists, craftspeople and non-profit groups. For additional information visit www.lasvegasartscouncil.org or call 425-1085.
• The West Las Vegas class of 1965 will hold its 46-year reunion from Aug. 12 to Aug. 14 in Las Vegas. If you are a class member and have not received a letter or been contacted, call Rosita Gonzales Ellis at 429-0887, Della Marquez Gonzales at 429-3869 or Lenore Padilla Ortega at 425-8014 with a mailing address and contact information.
• Cleveland Roller Mill Museum’s current exhibitions through Labor Day weekend. “Valley of the Mills” provides information on the mill’s history, and wheat farming and milling in Mora County, as well as a historical overview of the history of western Mora County. “Mora County: The early years” is a photo exhibit that includes 80 historic photographs relating to the architecture, landscape and personalities during Mora County’s early years.
• Call for artists, crafts persons and limited number of food vendors for Cleveland Millfest. Outdoor spaces are available for artists and craftsmen at the Cleveland Millfest. The two-day event takes place Labor Day Weekend Sept. 3 and 4. Call 575-387-2645 or 575-387-6763 or e-mail email@example.com for information.
• The West Las Vegas Class of 1986 will be having its 25th Year Reunion on Friday, Sept. 23 and Saturday, Sept. 24. Classes from 1987, 1988 and 1989 are also invited to participate. RSVP by Aug. 31. You can Facebook West Las Vegas Class of 1986. For more information call Dawna Ortega Gallegos at 505-718-8774, Gary Gold at 505-718-2300 or Lori Trujillo Gonzales at 505-718-9640.