• New Mexico Territorial Brass Band in concert, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 3 at Plaza Park (rain location Traveler’s Cafe, 1814 Plaza).
• 2012 Las Vegas Relay for Life, starts at 6 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 3 to noon on Saturday, Aug. 4 at West Las Vegas High School. There will be live performances, entertainment, and activities for the whole family. Open to the public from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday and 7 a.m. to noon on Saturday. This is a non-alcohol and non-smoking event.
• Places with a Past Historic Homes and Places tour, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 4. Tour traditional Spanish adobes, Victorian turn of the century mansions and the Montezuma Castle on this at-you own pace self-guided tour. Tickets are $20 and available at CCHP, 116 Bridge St. and at the Plaza Hotel. For more information, call CCHP at 425-8803.
• Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort’s 3rd annual Music on the Rocks music festival returns from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 4 at the resort. This year’s festival will feature some of the biggest performers in the area. Entry to the resort’s largest music festival is free. Taos standouts Last to Know and the Monkey Feeders (named 2012 Best Band of Taos by the Taos News) will be headlining the event. For artist bios or more information, visit www.SipapuNM.com.
• Auditions for the Missoula Children’s Theatre production of Beauty Lou and the Country Beast will be held at 10 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 6 at Ilfeld Auditorium on the New Mexico Highlands University campus. For further information, contact the Arts Council at 425-1085; email@example.com or Patrick Rucker at 454-9707 or 718-6211; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service is available Fridays & Saturdays, from 8 p.m. to 2:30 am. Call 429-0336 for service. Rides are given in the Las Vegas area from liquor establishment to home.