• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 22, in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “Zorro Gets an Outfit” by Carter Goodrich. Free and open to the public.
• Cineflix at Ilfeld, 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 22 at Ilfeld Auditorium on the campus of New Mexico Highlands University, showing “Snow White & the Huntsman.” Free and open to he public.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• Music from Angel Fire, Las Vegas concert, 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 24 at Ilfeld Auditorium on the campus of New Mexico Highlands University. Tickets $20 for adults, for patrons 30 and under with a valid I.D. $15 and students with a valid I.D. $10. Tickets are available at Media Arts Building across from Ilfeld, Pendaries Village, Plaza Hotel, and Semilla Natural Foods. For more information, call 575-377-3233 or 888-377-3300.
• August’s Museum Cafe will be about the Scientific Discoveries made over the last 100 years in New Mexico, 10 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 25 the City of Las Vegas Museum. Join Elizabeth Juarros of Luna Community College in her discussion about the contributions New Mexico scientists have made to the world For more information, contact Kristin Hsueh at 426-3204 or email@example.com • Exhibition of paintings by Martin Montoya at New Mexico Highlands University’s Ray Drew Gallery, an artist’s reception takes place from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 26 and the exhibit will be on display from Aug. 20 to Sept. 28. For more information, contact Bob Read at 454-3338.
• 38th Annual Santa Fe Bluegrass and Old Time Festival, Aug. 24 to Aug. 26 at the Santa Fe County Fairgrounds, 3229 Rodeo Road in Santa Fe. For more information, visit www.Southwestpickers.org.
• The San Miguel DWI Program is featuring “The Best of San Miguel County” placemat art created by students from West Las Vegas, Las Vegas City Schools, and Pecos Schools. The art is on display at Traveler’s Cafe on the Plaza through the end of August.
• Las Vegas National Wildlife Refuge is open for dove hunting during the month of September. Approximately 740 acres of of the refuge is open to mourning dove hunting from Sept 1 to Sept. 30. Dove hunting on the refuge is by permit only. Starting on Aug. 27 permits may be obtained from the refuge visitor center during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.Monday through Friday. A $5 user fee must be paid is cash upon receipt of each permit. In addition to the refuge permit, all hunters must have a valid State of New Mexico hunting license. For more information, call the refuge at 425-3581.
• Outdoor spaces are available for artists and craftsmen at the Cleveland Millfest, the two-day even takes place Labor Day weekend, Sept. 1 and Sept. 2. Call 575-387-6763 or 575-387-2645 for application and information.
• The CASA Fourth Judicial District program will be holding a Silent Auction fundraiser from 6 p.m. on 8 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15 at the Flamingo Room of the Hillcrest Restaurant. Tickets are $10, which includes hors d'oeuvres and a no host bar. Tickets can be purchased from any CASA board member, by calling 454-0223 or at the CASA office at 1308 Grant St.
• Golden Dragon Acrobats, 3 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 16 at Ilfeld Auditorium. Tickets are: general admission $20, NMHU students and senior citizens $15, and children 10 and under $10. Advanced tickets sold at KEDP Radio Station in the NMHU Media Arts Building. For more information, call 454-3238.
• West Las Vegas Class of 1962 50th Class Reunion, Sept. 21 and Sept. 22. For more information, call Emilio Aragon at 426-7719, Horace Lucero at 429-897, Kathy Tapia at 429-9836 or Lydia Lovato at 454-3990.
• Donations are being accepted for the 2012 Ride to Pride Dinner and Silent Auction slated for Oct. 5. For more information, any of the following Ride To Pride representatives; Lorraine Esquibel 429-3905, or Bernard Schaer at 429-0856 or Amy McFall 429-5678.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service is available Fridays & Saturdays, from 8 p.m. to 2:30 am. Call 429-0336 for service. Rides are given in the Las Vegas area from liquor establishment to home.
• Los Caballeros de Nuestra Señora de Los Dolores de las Vegas Grandes are planning a family reunion party. If you were a caballero during the 1990s contact Don Chris Gallegos at 429-0193, Don José Maestas at 454-9133 or Don William Sanchez at 425-5251.