• San Miguel County Offices will be closed from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, April 18 in observance of Good Friday. Offices will reopen on Monday, April 21.
• The Las Vegas Optic office will be closed on Friday, April 18 in observance of Good Friday.
• The City Transfer Station will be closed on Friday, April 18 due to the Good Friday holiday. If you have any questions, call 426-3217.
• Join the city of Las Vegas Museum on Saturday, April 19 as we create cascarones, confetti filled eggs, at the City Museum on Grand Ave. Then bring your Cascarones from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 20 to Carnegie Park for our Third Annual Easter Egg Hunt. cascarones will start at 10 a.m. until eggs run out. The Easter Egg Hunt will be staged every 20 minutes and will be for the children only. For more information, contact Kristen Ksueh at 426-3204.
• The Mora/San Miguel Farm and Livestock Bureau Easter Egg Hunt, 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 19 at the Gene Torres Golf Course.
• Easter and Mother’s Day Extravaganza, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 19 at Mike Marr Gym. An Easter Egg hunt will take place at 11 and participants need to check-in at the gym to participate in the hunt. For more information, contact Bernadette Maldonado at 505-903-3611 or 454-2796.
• ArtBark to benefit the The Animal Welfare Coalition who took over the Las Vegas Animal Shelter in September. The silent auction will take place from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m on Saturday, April 19 at the UWC-USA Kluge Atrium. Admission is $10 per person, and includes musical performances by UWC-USA students, appetizers, and a tour of the famous Montezuma Castle. Artworks range from oil paintings and water colors to ceramics and jewelry, and all work is available at auction prices.
• The annual Elks Easter Egg Hunt will take place at 1 p.m. on Sunday, April 20 at the Robertson High School football field. For more information, call Mike Fernandez at 429-0291.
• NMHU Foundation is sponsoring a Fine Art Print Lecture series by Dr. Robert Bell, 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 22 at the George and Sheryl Talbot Fine Art Print room in Kennedy Alumni Hall. Free and open to the public. For more information call the Foundation office at 454-3248 or Bob Read at 454-3338.
• Volunteers needed for the Gallinas River Clean-up, 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, April 26. Hermit’s Peak Watershed Alliance, along with partners Tierra y Montes, NMHU Conservation Club, and Keep Las Vegas Beautiful, will be hosting a river clean-up along the Gallinas River in Las Vegas and in some areas in the Gallinas Canyon. September’s flood left a wake of trash in the Gallinas River. Meet at 9 a.m. at the West Las Vegas High School Parking Lot on April 26. There will be breakfast snacks, coffee, and tools for the clean-up. Contact email@example.com for more information.
• World Tai Chi and Qigong Day, An unprecedented global health and healing, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 26 at Melody Park. Call Peter Stege 454-0003. or firstname.lastname@example.org.