• Story Time at Carnegie Library, 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 23, in the children’s area of the public library. This week’s book is “Memorial Day Surprise” by Theresa Martin Golding. Free and open to the public.
• A ladies golf clinic will be held at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 23 at the NMHU Gene Torres Golf Course. The clinic will be conducted by Dan Houtchens, the course Pro. The topic is chipping and is free.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• The San Miguel/Mora County Fair Association Board of Directors meeting at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, May 29 to consider and vote on proposed by-law changes. Meeting time is 7 p.m. at the county fairgrounds. Any member who has paid dues is eligible to vote. A copy of proposed changes is available at the County Extension Offices in San Miguel and Mora Counties.
• A fundraiser to aid NMHU Music Major Daniel Torres will be held at 6 p.m. on June 2 at the First United Presbyterian Church. A remarkable young man and very talented musician, Torres has been invited to attend a special guitar Master’s Class in Volterra, Italy this summer. This prestigious class, called the Volterra Project, selects only four American students per year. Daniel was one of the four chosen. He currently studies guitar with Roberto Capocchi at NMHU. He also studies piano with Linda King and will start voice lessons this fall with Andre Garcia-Nuthmann. The concert will feature Torres, Roberto Capocchi, Andre Garcia-Nuthmann, Billie Mathews and Nicole Robinson. The group will be performing guitar solos, guitar duets, and duets with voice and flute. Donations will be accepted.
• Church yard sale to raise money for missionaries supported by the Las Vegas Calvary Church congregation, Saturday, June 2, location and time to be announced. For more information or to donate items, call Joan Lovekin at 425-9452.
• The Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie #3815 is hosting an indoor swap meet from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 9. Table rental available contact Sandra 429-8937 with details. 211 S, Grand, Las Vegas.
• The Children’s Workshop is offering free child development screenings. The schedule an appointment, call 426-1760 or 454-0348.
• Meadow City Family Clinic office of Lacy Houdek will give free adult flu vaccine shots. No appointment needed. $10 administrative fee will be the only charge. The office is at 624 University Ave. Suite 600. For information, call 426-0700.