• Investment Fraud Seminars, 5:15 p.m. on Monday, July 16 and noon on Tuesday, July 17, both at the Council Chambers in City Hall. For more information, call Tasha Martinez at 426-3286.
• Municipal Court will be closed half day on Tuesday, July 17 and all day from Wednesday, July 18 to Friday, July 20 so court staff may attend a Judicial Conference. For questions, call municipal court at 425-9403.
• Tierra y Montes Soil and Water Conservation District monthly meeting, 9 a.m. on Tuesday, July 17 at the U.S. Forest Service Building. For more information, call 425-9088.
• Summer Fest 4 Christ featuring “The Thirsting” - A Catholic Christian Center concert featuring a four-piece Catholic alternative rock band from Vancouver, Wash. Sponsored by the NMHU Newman Center, starting at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, July 18 at Ilfeld. Admission: $5. Advance tickets, call 454-3238 or visit KEDP radio station studio.
UPCOMING & ONGOING
• The “Battle of Glorieta” will be featured as part of the Fort Union National Monument Civil War 150th Anniversary Series starting at 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 19 at the CCHP/Santa Fe Trail Interpretive Center, 116 Bridge Street. Between March 26 -28 1862, the citizens of Las Vegas, then serving as the temporary capital of the New Mexico Territory, anxiously awaited news from the field of battle at Glorieta Pass. Join Park Ranger Eric Valencia, Pecos National Historical Park, and discover the events that led up to the invasion of Confederate forces into New Mexico 150 years ago and how the Battle of Glorieta would ultimately decide the outcome of the
Civil War in the Southwest. The Glimpses of the Past series are free in partnership with the Citizens Committee for Historic Preservation, Las Vegas. For more information and a complete schedule of events, contact Fort Union National Monument at 425-8025, or visit www.nps.gov/foun.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service is available Friday & Saturday, from 8 pm to 2:30 am.
Please call 429-0336 for service. Rides are given in the Las Vegas area from liquor establishment to home.
• Frontiers Past - Music in the Park featuring Mark Gardner and Rex Rideout, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 21 at Plaza Park. The two will provide a Playing with Bones workshop for children ages eight to 18 at 1 p.m. on Sunday, July 22 at New Mexico Highlands University. They will guilde children through the challenging world of playing harmonicas and bones. The workshop is free and instruments are provided. For more information on both events, contact Kristin Hsueh at city of Las Vegas Museum at 426-3204 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.