Lucas Martinez, who was implicated in the assaults at last year's Robertson High School football camp, registered Tuesday as a student at West Las Vegas High School.
Superintendent Jim Abreu said the district had heard Martinez has been planning on enrolling. He said Martinez, who received a long-term suspension from the Las Vegas City Schools, came in with his mother to register. "He may be asking to also play football, but that issue will have to go through the New Mexico Activities Association," Abreu said. "West Las Vegas attorneys have advised the administration that football players who were suspended from Robertson High School and who have completed the one-year suspension imposed by Las Vegas City Schools are free to apply to go to any other school," the superintendent said.