Submit your calendar items and notices to mlopez@ lasvegasoptic.com
• The NMDOT District IV and Qualcon, Inc. announce that the 7th St. Sidewalk Project hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Qualcon, Inc. will continue installing new side walk, driveways, patterned concrete and asphalt paving on the Southbound outside lane of Seventh Street-Qualcon, Inc. will be utilizing a one lane closure on the Northbound outside lane of Seventh Street between Lowe’s Parking lot to Meadow Crest Drive. NMDOT and Qualcon remind motorists that the speed limit is 30 mph throughout construction zone. Motorists are asked to reduce your speed for your safety as well as the construction employees.
• Comedor de San Pascual is an outreach soup kitchen of the Methodist Church that operates Tuesday evenings at the Senior Center. Volunteer time is from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Those interested in volunteering should contact Bonnie Bolton at 505-617-8471 or bblvnm@hotmail .com.
• The Las Vegas unit of the American Red Cross helps individuals who have suffered a house fire plus engages in other emergency activities. Meetings are one Tuesday evening a month at 6 p.m. Those interested in becoming volunteers should contact Connie Chavez at 425-6224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service new hours of operation: Wednesday through Saturday from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. For service, call 429-0336.
• Brain Injury Support Group, meets at 1 p.m. first Thursday of the month at El Centro Medical Clinic, 1235 Eighth St. For more information, call Duane at 505-699-2491 or call the Brain Injury Association of NM Office at 505-292-7414.