Submit your calendar items and notices to firstname.lastname@example.org
• A survivors fund has been set up for the families of Gene Hern and Frank Romero. The following are the accounts: Children of Gene Hern, Wells Fargo account number 7040660958 and the widow of Frank Romero, Wells Fargo account number 7040660941.
• The city of Las Vegas employee union has set up memorial funds for Gene Hern and Frank Romero at the State Employees Credit Union. The Hern account number is 3001582700 and the Romero account is 3001582710.
• The NMDOT District IV and Qualcon, Inc. announce that the Seventh St. will be using a one-lane northbound outside lane of Seventh Street between Lowe’s Parking lot to Meadow Crest Drive. The speed limit is 30 mph throughout construction zone. Motorists are asked to reduce your speed for your safety as well as the construction employees.
• Comedor de San Pascual is an outreach soup kitchen of the Methodist Church that operates Tuesday evenings at the Senior Center. Volunteer time is from 3 to 6 p.m. Those interested in volunteering should contact Bonnie Bolton at 505-617-8471 or email@example.com.
• The Las Vegas unit of the American Red Cross helps individuals who have suffered a house fire plus engages in other emergency activities. Meetings are one Tuesday evening a month at 6 p.m. Those interested in becoming volunteers should contact Connie Chavez at 425-6224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service new hours of operation: Wednesday through Saturday from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. For service, call 429-0336.
• Brain Injury Support Group, meets at 1 p.m. first Thursday of the month at El Centro Medical Clinic, 1235 Eighth St. For more information, call Duane at 505-699-2491 or call the Brain Injury Association of NM Office at 505-292-7414.
• The United Community Soup Kitchen at the First United Methodist Church at Eighth Street and National Avenue is open, serving meals from noon to 12:45 p.m. Thursdays.
• Samaritan House provides shelter, food and other services to local homeless people. For more information, call 454-1350 or 454-1390.