Submit your calendar items and notices to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Las Vegas Police Department is requesting assistance from business owners to update the department’s emergency contacts. They are requesting all local businesses to fill out an afterhours contact form to better serve the community. Forms are available at the station and on the city’s website.
• Grief Support Group meeting from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Mondays at the Presbyterian Church. For more information, call Rosemary Pierson at 425-9299 or 425-7763.
• St. Paul’s Peace Church at the corner of Eighth Street and National is open from noon to 1 p.m. on Tuesdays for prayer and meditation. The labyrinth in front of Faith Hall is open to the public for prayer and meditation every day.
• A Divorce Recovery Group is in the process of forming for people who are divorcing or have been recently divorced. For more information, contact Rosemary Pierson at 425-9299 or Karen Bender at 426-8750.
• The city of Las Vegas Utilities Department has re-opened its utility payment center at City Hall at 1700 North Grand Ave. The hours of service are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The center is for payments only.
• Fourth Judicial District Court Appointed Special Advocates needs volunteers. The local CASA program is now taking applications for volunteers to work with children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse and neglect. Children are in state custody and living in foster care. Contact Barbara or JoAnn at 454-0223 or visit CASA office at 1308 Grant St. at the Rodriguez Softball Complex, mornings only.
• The Guidance and Counseling Program of New Mexico Highlands University is offering counseling services to the community this semester. Call 454-3564 for information or to make an appointment. The counseling is confidential, free and supervised by the training professor of the Guidance and Counseling Program. The sessions are offered on Thursdays between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
• Habitat for Humanity in Las Vegas is about to start a new house. The organization builds affordable homes for low-income families. If you are interested in helping with the next house (or in some other way), call 454-4434.